[squeak-dev] Mantis in browser

keith1y
Mantis users,

I have written a task which scrapes all of the mantis data into a rough
and ready form which can be browsed in a class browser. Its not the most
elegant solution, but it does allow you to flick through things rapidly,
and I plan to find a number of other uses for it.

Its quite a big download so I though it best not to burden squeaksource
with it.

If you cant get ftp.warwick.st to respond try squeak.warwick.st
This is available at

[hidden email]/mc
password: viewpoints

best regards

Keith

===

btw: I tried to categorise these methods to make them more useful but
for some reason when I used #classify:under: the source would disappear
completely.

Re: [squeak-dev] Mantis in browser

keith1y
To load this package it depends upon:

Installer ss project: '311'; install: 'Kernel-Extensions'.
Installer ss project: 'Sake'; install: 'Sake'.

sorry I am not very awake

Keith

> Mantis users,
>
> I have written a task which scrapes all of the mantis data into a rough
> and ready form which can be browsed in a class browser. Its not the most
> elegant solution, but it does allow you to flick through things rapidly,
> and I plan to find a number of other uses for it.
>
> Its quite a big download so I though it best not to burden squeaksource
> with it.
>
> If you cant get ftp.warwick.st to respond try squeak.warwick.st
> This is available at
>
> [hidden email]/mc
> password: viewpoints
>
> best regards
>
> Keith
>
> ===
>
> btw: I tried to categorise these methods to make them more useful but
> for some reason when I used #classify:under: the source would disappear
> completely.

Re: [squeak-dev] Mantis in browser

keith1y
Dear Mantis Users,

Now that I have worked out how I was breaking method categorisation this
"Mantis from a browser" is beginning to get useful.

This should get you going.

Installer upgrade.
Installer ss project: '311'; install: 'Kernel-Extensions'.
Installer ss project: 'Sake'; install: 'Sake'.
Installer keith project: 'Mantis'; install: 'Mantis'.

My next question is, do we want to close resolved issues in order to
tidy up? Or are we happy the way it is?

Keith

Re: [squeak-dev] Mantis in browser

Ken Causey-3
On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 19:29 +0100, Keith Hodges wrote:
> My next question is, do we want to close resolved issues in order to
> tidy up? Or are we happy the way it is?
>
> Keith

My policy is that if the issue is with a release image then the issue
should be closed as soon as an image is released which addresses the
issue.  (Resolution occurs when an update is available that resolves
it.)  If the issue is for an external package then in general the
closing policy is up to the package maintainers but issues should not be
left open indefinitely.

Ken