[squeak-dev] Mondrian help

12

RE: [squeak-dev] Why the Board should have only seven seats ?

Ron Teitelbaum
> From: Bert Freudenberg

> > Göran> Correct. Last year it was called "None Of The Above".
> >
> > Oooh... This year, can it be Captain Dunsel
> > (http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Dunsel)?
>

> If it made the purpose more clear, sure. I don't think it would.
>
> I find the term "None Of The Above" rather incomprehensible, it seems
> to only make sense on a paper ballot. In the online voting system we
> used one would rank candidates that should *not* be on the board
> "below" that item.
>
> But I do not have a better idea.

The concept is that we are voting against all other candidates not listed so
how about:

"Against All Other Candidates"

or something like that.

Ron

[squeak-dev] Re: Why the Board should have only seven seats ?

Jeffrey J. Hallman-2
How about three?

"Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and
the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither
shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is
right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be
reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine
foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."
--
Jeff

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Why the Board should have only seven seats ?

Edgar J. De Cleene

Danke

Enviado desde mi iPod

El Feb 20, 2009, a las 12:04, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> escribió:

On 20.02.2009, at 13:02, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

On 2/20/09 9:49 AM, "Göran Krampe" <[hidden email]> wrote:

But I think the SFC had something to do with us not using the word
"board", right?

Could expand ?

We are trying to join the SFC, which would handle the legal and financial issues, which is far simpler than incorporating on our own:

http://conservancy.softwarefreedom.org/

The SFC has a "board of directors". That is a fixed legal term and they asked us to not use it to refer to the community-elected representatives.

But if you look at the list of projects there is at least one (Sugar Labs) that has an "oversight board" so that term is apparently fine with the SFC.

- Bert -

      Yahoo! Cocina
Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/

Re: [squeak-dev] Why the Board should have only seven seats ?

Ken Causey-3
+1 to all of the below.  I would support a reduction to 5 as it is my
understanding is that when a group that needs to communicate well grows
beyond this number the efficiency of communication drops significantly.

Ken

On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 02:33 +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 20.02.2009, at 02:09, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
>

> > I have The CRC Card Book of by David Bellin and Susan Suchman Simone
> > and
> > yes, many people could be difficult in meetings.
> >
> > But as we was so few and work is too heavy, we could have more
> > members this
> > year.
>
> Which work specifically do you mean would benefit from being split
> amongst more people? IMHO the "work" mainly consists of communicating,
> and bringing more people in grows the number of communication paths
> exponentially.
>
> > Any is against ?
>
> Yes. When we discussed this today in the leadership meeting, the
> majority felt that 7 are quite enough, some even thought 5 would be
> sufficient.
>
> > Why ?
>

> We don't have to do the *actual* work ourselves (at least not in our
> elected role), our job is to facilitate or, if necessary, delegate.
> Speaking as someone serving for 3 years now I can say that reaching
> consensus with 7 is already hard, and more would make group meetings
> quite uncomfortable.
>
> - Bert -

Re: [squeak-dev] Why the Board should have only seven seats ?

Colin Putney

On 20-Feb-09, at 5:59 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I find the term "None Of The Above" rather incomprehensible, it
> seems to only make sense on a paper ballot. In the online voting
> system we used one would rank candidates that should *not* be on the
> board "below" that item.
>
> But I do not have a better idea.

How about None of the Below?

Re: [squeak-dev] Why the Board should have only seven seats ?

Mark Volkmann
On Feb 20, 2009, at 6:32 PM, Colin Putney wrote:

> On 20-Feb-09, at 5:59 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>

>> I find the term "None Of The Above" rather incomprehensible, it
>> seems to only make sense on a paper ballot. In the online voting
>> system we used one would rank candidates that should *not* be on
>> the board "below" that item.
>>
>> But I do not have a better idea.
>
> How about None of the Below?

That sounds good.

---
Mark Volkmann
http://www.ociweb.com/mark

Re: [squeak-dev] Mondrian help

Bergel, Alexandre
Dear Raymond,

Since a few weeks, I have been doing a major overall of Mondrian to
make SqueakMondrian compatible with the Visualworks version.
The problem you describes does not seem to be mondrian related. You
basically need to identify whether methods have the same name than
instance variable.
A very inefficient way could be for instance:

TranslucentColor methodDict keys reject: [:k |
        (k last = $:)
                ifTrue: [ (TranslucentColor instVarNames includes: k allButLast
asString) ]
                ifFalse: [(TranslucentColor instVarNames includes: k asString)]].

The returned by this expression does not contains "alpha" and "alpha:"
methods.

Alexandre

On 20 Feb 2009, at 00:39, Raymond Asselin wrote:

> I try to use Mondrian to analyse a small appl I'm working on...
> I want to generate Uml like diagram on my appl..
> It's working with MOUmlClass example: 'myPackage' .
>
> My question:
>
> In Mondrian how to eliminate easily the display of accessors method of
> each class of my package.  In my code I did what follow to eliminate
> the test-classes but don't know how to access methods categorised as
> 'accessing' ?
>
>   "I want to strip all  classes used for tests, except a class named
>   XPTest that I want to be in the group'"
>   exceptClass := theClasses select:[ :cl |  cl asString = 'XPTest'].
>   theClasses := theClasses reject:[ :cl |  cl asString endsWith:
> 'Test'].
>   theClasses := theClasses , exceptClass.
>   "Now I want to eleminate all access methods "
>
> Any help ?
> Raymond

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [squeak-dev] Mondrian help

Raymond Asselin-3
Le 21/02/09, Bergel, Alexandre <[hidden email]> écrivait :

>Dear Raymond,
>
>Since a few weeks, I have been doing a major overall of
Mondrian to
>make SqueakMondrian compatible with the Visualworks version.
>The problem you describes does not seem to be mondrian
related. You
>basically need to identify whether methods have the same name
than
>instance variable.
>A very inefficient way could be for instance:
>
>TranslucentColor methodDict keys reject: [:k |
>   (k last = $:)
>       ifTrue: [ (TranslucentColor instVarNames includes: k
allButLast
>asString) ]
>       ifFalse: [(TranslucentColor instVarNames includes: k
asString)]].

>The returned by this expression does not contains "alpha" and
"alpha:"

>methods.
>
>Alexandre
>

>On 20 Feb 2009, at 00:39, Raymond Asselin wrote:
>
>> I try to use Mondrian to analyse a small appl I'm working on...
>> I want to generate Uml like diagram on my appl..
>> It's working with MOUmlClass example: 'myPackage' .
>>
>> My question:
>>
>> In Mondrian how to eliminate easily the display of accessors
method of
>> each class of my package.  In my code I did what follow to
eliminate
>> the test-classes but don't know how to access methods
categorised as
>> 'accessing' ?
>>
>>   "I want to strip all  classes used for tests, except a class
named
>>   XPTest that I want to be in the group'"
>>   exceptClass := theClasses select:[ :cl |  cl asString =
'XPTest'].
>>   theClasses := theClasses reject:[ :cl |  cl asString endsWith:
>> 'Test'].
>>   theClasses := theClasses , exceptClass.
>>   "Now I want to eleminate all access methods "
>>
>> Any help ?
>> Raymond

Merci pour la réponse.

I will try it immediately

Raymond

[squeak-dev] Re: Why the Board should have only seven seats ?

ccrraaiigg

      When starting a new thread of conversation, please don't do so by
replying to an unrelated message. The only way I can keep up with
squeak-dev is by using a threaded newsreader to gmane, and killing some
of the threads. I almost didn't see this whole conversation.

      thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta