[squeak-dev] Monticello Configurations not visible in Monticello Browser

[squeak-dev] Monticello Configurations not visible in Monticello Browser

Udo Schneider
All,

I'm currently using two images based on Damiens sq3.10.2-7179web09.02.1
image. However in my working image I can see Monticello Configuration
files in repositories - in my test image (more or less the base
sq3.10.2-7179web09.02.1 image) I cannot. Is there some setting I did not
find?

Thanks,

Udo

Re: [squeak-dev] Monticello Configurations not visible in Monticello Browser

Damien Cassou-3
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Udo Schneider
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm currently using two images based on Damiens sq3.10.2-7179web09.02.1
> image. However in my working image I can see Monticello Configuration files
> in repositories - in my test image (more or less the base
> sq3.10.2-7179web09.02.1 image) I cannot. Is there some setting I did not
> find?

Have you installed MC15 or LPF?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

[squeak-dev] Re: Monticello Configurations not visible in Monticello Browser

Udo Schneider
Damien Cassou schrieb:
> Have you installed MC15 or LPF?
I wouldn't be aware of - but I'll check. What's LPF BTW?

Thanks,

Udo

[squeak-dev] Re: Monticello Configurations not visible in Monticello Browser

Udo Schneider
Damien,

> Have you installed MC15 or LPF?
I just tried again with your sq3.10.2-7179web09.02.1 image w/o any
changes in a new directory. Same result - no configurations.

Regards,

Udo

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Monticello Configurations not visible in Monticello Browser

Damien Cassou-3

LPF = Level Playing Field http://installer.pbwiki.com/LevelPlayingField

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Monticello Configurations not visible in Monticello Browser

Damien Cassou-3
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Udo Schneider
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just tried again with your sq3.10.2-7179web09.02.1 image w/o any changes
> in a new directory. Same result - no configurations.

I think that's normal because Squeak-based current releases miss a
patch to make that work. Installing LPF (MC1.5) would install that
patch and many others.

Damien Cassou schrieb:
> LPF = Level Playing Field http://installer.pbwiki.com/LevelPlayingField
Never heard of. So I assume I never installed it. In addition it also
happens
with your base image. Maybe some kind of persistent configuration?

CU,

Udo

Damien Cassou schrieb:
> I think that's normal because Squeak-based current releases miss a
> patch to make that work. Installing LPF (MC1.5) would install that
> patch and many others.
I'll try that. I can only assume I installed this in my working image as
a prerequisite as I'm not aware of doing it manually.

Thanks for your help.

CU,

Udo

Udo Schneider schrieb:
> I'll try that. I can only assume I installed this in my working image as
> a prerequisite as I'm not aware of doing it manually.
Just did a
Installer universe install: 'Monticello15'.

and now everything works as expected!

Thanks for your help.

CU,

Udo