[squeak-dev] Not able to add iv in class?

[squeak-dev] Not able to add iv in class?

stephane ducasse
Hi all

I was reading the Installer package code and I faced the following
behavior.
There is a method accessing an iv but the iv is not defined on the
class.
I tried to add it as well as the zork iv and nothing works from the
subclass:.... pane.
The iv does not
get added to the class. I'm puzzled. None of them get added.
The class is inheriting from Object and does not have any subclass.
Does anybody experiment that kind of behavior.

[squeak-dev] Re: Not able to add iv in class?

Sophie424
"stephane ducasse" <[hidden email]> wrote
> Does anybody experiment that kind of behavior.

I had one strange time where an iv was _not_ (visibly?) defined in the class
or any superclass, yet methods that referenced that iv (which still showed
up in red in those methods in editors) executed just fine. I added the iv in
more than once before it seemed to "take". I thought it was operator error
on my part.

- Sophie