[squeak-dev] Posting to Package Universe

[squeak-dev] Posting to Package Universe

Tobias Pape
Hello —,

I tried posting to Package Universe using the Instructions in http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5899
.
Howerver, the graphical method left me with no response after clicking
the submit button
for the “new release.” Afterwards, I tried the code method. This left
me inside the [] repeat loop.
Aparently, nothing gets postet to the Universe.
   The Packages I‘m trying to post have been created in my local image
and are available both
on SqueakSource and SqueakMap.
   Can anyone give more detailled instructions or debugging entry
points?

So Long,
        -Tobias

PGP.sig (201 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [squeak-dev] Posting to Package Universe

David T. Lewis
On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 07:28:15PM +0200, Tobias Pape wrote:

> Hello ?,
>
> I tried posting to Package Universe using the Instructions in
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5899 .
> Howerver, the graphical method left me with no response after clicking
> the submit button
> for the ?new release.? Afterwards, I tried the code method. This left
> me inside the [] repeat loop.
> Aparently, nothing gets postet to the Universe.
>   The Packages I?m trying to post have been created in my local image
> and are available both
> on SqueakSource and SqueakMap.
>   Can anyone give more detailled instructions or debugging entry
> points?

For reasons that I can't explain, it seems to take 5 or 10 minutes before
something that you post to a Universe actually takes effect. Try
refreshing your Universes browser after waiting a bit.

Dave

Am 2009-07-18 um 19:49 schrieb David T. Lewis:

> On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 07:28:15PM +0200, Tobias Pape wrote:
>> Hello ?,
>>
>> I tried posting to Package Universe using the Instructions in
>> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5899 .
>> Howerver, the graphical method left me with no response after
>> clicking
>> the submit button
>> for the ?new release.? Afterwards, I tried the code method. This left
>> me inside the [] repeat loop.
>> Aparently, nothing gets postet to the Universe.
>>  The Packages I?m trying to post have been created in my local image
>> and are available both
>> on SqueakSource and SqueakMap.
>>  Can anyone give more detailled instructions or debugging entry
>> points?
>
> For reasons that I can't explain, it seems to take 5 or 10 minutes
> before
> something that you post to a Universe actually takes effect. Try
> refreshing your Universes browser after waiting a bit.

Actually, I tried Posting the package several time, then waitng 5 to
500 minutes
yet, nothing happened at all.
   I had to create an account beforehand, yet, I‘m unable to verify
whether it was
created or not, theres no web interface, is it?