[squeak-dev] Problem with System Browser

[squeak-dev] Problem with System Browser

Ian Trudel-2
Y'all

I'm getting this problem frequently but always at random. I have no
clue what cause the problems, though it obviously appears after
visiting something that has a lower pane with comments then clicking
to reach another element. I've had this problem on previous version as
well, as far as I remember.

Squeak 3.10.6 virtual machine
Squeak3.10-7159-basic.image
SqueakV39.sources

+ community trunk + tests

Anyone else has ever experienced this problem?

Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/

SystemBrowserBrother.png (35K) Download Attachment

Re: [squeak-dev] Problem with System Browser

keith1y
Ian Trudel wrote:

> Y'all
>
> I'm getting this problem frequently but always at random. I have no
> clue what cause the problems, though it obviously appears after
> visiting something that has a lower pane with comments then clicking
> to reach another element. I've had this problem on previous version as
> well, as far as I remember.
>
> Squeak 3.10.6 virtual machine
> Squeak3.10-7159-basic.image
> SqueakV39.sources
>
> + community trunk + tests
>
> Anyone else has ever experienced this problem?
>

> Ian.

All the time

What happens when you move the splitter?

Keith

2009/7/12 Keith Hodges <[hidden email]>:
> All the time
>
> What happens when you move the splitter?
>
> Keith

Nothing. It won't move. I have to close the System Browser and invoke
a brand new one. How convenient.

Ian.

http://mecenia.blogspot.com/

[squeak-dev] Re: Problem with System Browser

Klaus D. Witzel
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 02:55:00 +0200, Ian Trudel wrote:

> 2009/7/12 Keith Hodges <[hidden email]>:
>> All the time
>>
>> What happens when you move the splitter?
>>
>> Keith
>
> Nothing. It won't move. I have to close the System Browser and invoke
> a brand new one. How convenient.

Less convenient (b/o more preparation) can be, to try this fix:

- http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7012

But thereafter, convenience level should be back at 100% :)

Let us know how it works.

/Klaus

> Ian.

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Problem with System Browser

Ian Trudel-2
2009/7/13 Klaus D. Witzel <[hidden email]>:
> Less convenient (b/o more preparation) can be, to try this fix:
>
> - http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7012
>
> But thereafter, convenience level should be back at 100% :)
>
> Let us know how it works.
>
> /Klaus

Thank you, Klaus.

Though it reminds me how much I miss the help > update [...].

One goes on the page, there are many files available for download.
Great, which one do I need? Ah, what in Rome! I am dary today... I did
eval matthewf's comment but, unfortunately, the file name should have
been .cs rather than .st. It's not exactly quick and simple.

Did it fix the issue? Works for me. Why aren't we getting continuous
integration of fixes as we use too... I'll never know.

Regards,
Ian

http://mecenia.blogspot.com/

[squeak-dev] Re: Problem with System Browser

Andreas.Raab
Ian Trudel wrote:
> Though it reminds me how much I miss the help > update [...].
>
> One goes on the page, there are many files available for download.
> Great, which one do I need? Ah, what in Rome! I am dary today... I did
> eval matthewf's comment but, unfortunately, the file name should have
> been .cs rather than .st. It's not exactly quick and simple.
>
> Did it fix the issue? Works for me. Why aren't we getting continuous
> integration of fixes as we use too... I'll never know.

Now you can. I just posted the fix into the trunk, so just update and enjoy.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

2009/7/13 Andreas Raab <[hidden email]>:
>> Did it fix the issue? Works for me. Why aren't we getting continuous
>> integration of fixes as we use too... I'll never know.
>
> Now you can. I just posted the fix into the trunk, so just update and enjoy.

Thanks, Andreas. You're the man.

I have written few tests in my spare time and uploaded them. Though,
there seem to be a problem with version... one has added a test with
465 and mine is 66. Shouldn't be a big deal though.

Question!

TrueTest>>testInMemory

        self assert: (false isInMemory = true).

What is isInMemory? And why test for it in True/False? I have also
changed false to true in the code above, because it makes more sense
to me (we're testing true receiving a isInMemory message).

Enjoy,
Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/