[squeak-dev] Problem with TrueTypeFonts

EstebanLM
Hi list,
I'm having a problem when trying to use TrueTypeFonts on latest
squeak-dev image from damien.

This is the problem: I install TrueTypeFonts from universe, it loads
FFI 3.9.1 and itself.
Then, I change the code font, like this:

Preferences setDefaultFonts: #(
                (setCodeFontTo: Arial 10)
        ).

(I'm using a Mac, btw)

The fonts change is fine, if I open a class browser now I see the code
in a nice new font.
Then, I open a workspace... first, I type some characters, like say
"hello, world"... everything is ok (workspace shows me the string in
arials, and in red color as expected).
Now I want to type anything in capital letters, let say "Hello,
world"... and then I have the following error:

GrafPort(Object)>>primitiveFailed
GrafPort(BitBlt)>>copyBitsColor:alpha:gammaTable:ungammaTable:
FreeTypeFont>>displayLineGlyphOn:from:to:
FreeTypeFont>>displayUnderlineOn:from:to:
LogicalFont>>displayUnderlineOn:from:to:
MultiDisplayScanner>>displayLine:offset:leftInRun:
MultiNewParagraph>>displayOn:using:at:
FormCanvas>>paragraph:bounds:color:
TextMorphForShout(TextMorph)>>drawOn:

Any idea?

Cheers,
Esteban

Re: [squeak-dev] Problem with TrueTypeFonts

Igor Stasenko
2009/7/9 Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>:

> Hi list,
> I'm having a problem when trying to use TrueTypeFonts on latest squeak-dev
> image from damien.
>
> This is the problem: I install TrueTypeFonts from universe, it loads FFI
> 3.9.1 and itself.
> Then, I change the code font, like this:
>
> Preferences setDefaultFonts: #(
>                (setCodeFontTo:                 Arial
>   10)
>        ).
>

> (I'm using a Mac, btw)
>
> The fonts change is fine, if I open a class browser now I see the code in a
> nice new font.
> Then, I open a workspace... first, I type some characters, like say "hello,
> world"... everything is ok (workspace shows me the string in arials, and in
> red color as expected).
> Now I want to type anything in capital letters, let say "Hello, world"...
> and then I have the following error:
>
> GrafPort(Object)>>primitiveFailed
> GrafPort(BitBlt)>>copyBitsColor:alpha:gammaTable:ungammaTable:
> FreeTypeFont>>displayLineGlyphOn:from:to:
> FreeTypeFont>>displayUnderlineOn:from:to:
> LogicalFont>>displayUnderlineOn:from:to:
> MultiDisplayScanner>>displayLine:offset:leftInRun:
> MultiNewParagraph>>displayOn:using:at:
> FormCanvas>>paragraph:bounds:color:
> TextMorphForShout(TextMorph)>>drawOn:
>
> Any idea?

It seems you are using old VM which doesn't supports
#copyBitsColor:alpha:gammaTable:ungammaTable:
and rule 41.
I doubt this happens because of invalid input.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

[squeak-dev] Re: Problem with TrueTypeFonts

EstebanLM
On 2009-07-09 13:25:20 -0300, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> said:

> 2009/7/9 Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi list,
>> I'm having a problem when trying to use TrueTypeFonts on latest squeak-de
>> image from damien.
>>
>> This is the problem: I install TrueTypeFonts from universe, it loads FFI
>> 3.9.1 and itself.
>> Then, I change the code font, like this:
>>
>> Preferences setDefaultFonts: #(
>>                (setCodeFontTo:
>                 Arial
>>   10)
>>        ).
>>

>> (I'm using a Mac, btw)
>>
>> The fonts change is fine, if I open a class browser now I see the code in
>> nice new font.
>> Then, I open a workspace... first, I type some characters, like say "hell
> o,
>> world"... everything is ok (workspace shows me the string in arials, and
> in
>> red color as expected).
>> Now I want to type anything in capital letters, let say "Hello, world"...
>> and then I have the following error:
>>
>> GrafPort(Object)>>primitiveFailed
>> GrafPort(BitBlt)>>copyBitsColor:alpha:gammaTable:ungammaTable:
>> FreeTypeFont>>displayLineGlyphOn:from:to:
>> FreeTypeFont>>displayUnderlineOn:from:to:
>> LogicalFont>>displayUnderlineOn:from:to:
>> MultiDisplayScanner>>displayLine:offset:leftInRun:
>> MultiNewParagraph>>displayOn:using:at:
>> FormCanvas>>paragraph:bounds:color:
>> TextMorphForShout(TextMorph)>>drawOn:
>>
>> Any idea?
>>

> It seems you are using old VM which doesn't supports
> #copyBitsColor:alpha:gammaTable:ungammaTable:
> and rule 41.
> I doubt this happens because of invalid input.

I'm using 4.1.1beta2U
It is not the last one?

>> Cheers,
>> Esteban

bpi

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Problem with TrueTypeFonts

bpi
Am 09.07.2009 um 18:43 schrieb Esteban Lorenzano:
It seems you are using old VM which doesn't supports
#copyBitsColor:alpha:gammaTable:ungammaTable:
and rule 41.
I doubt this happens because of invalid input.
I'm using 4.1.1beta2U
It is not the last one?
As far as I know, it is. I do not see a newer one on ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com/.

Cheers,
Bernhard