[squeak-dev] RSS Aggregator in Squeak

François Tanguy
Hi all,

I am looking for an RSS reader or aggregator running within Squeak. Is there any ???

During my search, I found BottomFeader written in VisualWorks.
And the nice thing with BottomFeader is that an external application can be notified about events like for instance a new feed has been processed so the GUI can be updated.

I would like to use such a thing and Seaside in addition for the rendering.

Any suggestion is welcome.

François

Re: [squeak-dev] RSS Aggregator in Squeak

Lukas Renggli
> I would like to use such a thing and Seaside in addition for the rendering.

There is TopFeeder for Pier. It can be easily adapted for any Seaside
application and can be seen in action in the news colum on the
frontpage of the Seaside web site.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [squeak-dev] RSS Aggregator in Squeak

Janko Mivšek
Hi François,

François Tanguy wrote:

> I am looking for an RSS reader or aggregator running within Squeak. Is
> there any ???

As a part of Squeak website project we did also the Weekly Squeak
scriblet (see http://www.squeak.org on the right), which includes a
simple RSS reader. You can find the actual code in RSSReaderComponent as
part of Aida/Scribo ScriboPlugins: http://scribo.bioskop.fr/browse.html

Hope this helps
Janko

--