[squeak-dev] Re: Updating key morphic/etoy features in the main Squeak release

[squeak-dev] Re: Updating key morphic/etoy features in the main Squeak release

rhawley
Hi Craig

Would I like to write a proposal?  Not at this stage - I am not
sufficiently aware of who does what and of how things are done.

Can you answer about is this being managed and/or fixed and about
plans, issues and people's motivations? For example - are you involved
in this topic?

It is a topic that I am interested in, and I have a fair knowledge of
how Morphic works.  I don't know about the processes of getting things
into the Squeak releases however. Neither do I know if the current
protagonists for the etoys system are wanting to be involved in back-
porting their work to Squeak.

Yours

Bob

 > Hi Bob--
 >
 >       Would you like to write a proposal?
 >
 >
 > -C
 >
 > --
 > Craig Latta
 > www.netjam.org
 > next show: 2009-03-13 (www.thishere.org)

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Updating key morphic/etoy features in the main Squeak release

Rita Freudenberg
Robert Hawley wrote:

> Hi Craig
>
> Would I like to write a proposal?  Not at this stage - I am not
> sufficiently aware of who does what and of how things are done.
>
> Can you answer about is this being managed and/or fixed and about
> plans, issues and people's motivations? For example - are you involved
> in this topic?
>
> It is a topic that I am interested in, and I have a fair knowledge of
> how Morphic works.  I don't know about the processes of getting things
> into the Squeak releases however. Neither do I know if the current
> protagonists for the etoys system are wanting to be involved in
> back-porting their work to Squeak.
Hi Bob,

the Squeakland Foundation, who are  the protagonists for the Etoys
system, would *love* to be back in sync with the Squeak system. I'm
personally interested in exactly what you described in an earlier mail,
a "useful route into introducing and teaching Smalltalk".
I don't think that we will back-porting Etoys to 3.9 or 3.10, but rather
with the next squeak release. This is no short-term goal, but I would
like to discuss how a reunion of Squeak and Etoys could be done.

Greetings,
Rita
Squeakland Foundation
www.squeakland.org