[squeak-dev] SSL problems talking to google data

[squeak-dev] SSL problems talking to google data

cdavidshaffer
Using:

SSL-rww.4 (and .3)
Cryptography-RJT.10
Squeak 3.10.2-7179-basic

I'm trying to perform an OAuth authentication against google data.  The
first URL I need to contact is:

|https://www.google.com/accounts/OAuthGetRequestToken

Unfortunately opening an SSL socket to this URL produces a socket in the
"Closed" state even before any HTTP request information can be sent:

socket := SSLSocket newConnection: 'www.google.com'|| port: 443.
(Delay forMilliseconds: 500) wait.
socket

prints

 a SSLSocket - Closed

I've successfully used my OAuth code against IBM's Jazz/JFS server so I
know that the SSL in my image is "mostly working."  I'm only guessing
that something is going wrong during the SSL handshake but I don't know
how to debug it.

David

RE: [squeak-dev] SSL problems talking to google data

Sebastian Sastre-2
Hi David,
If you are in a hurry you can use stunnel.
sebastian

Philippe Marschall
2009/7/4 C. David Shaffer <[hidden email]>:

> Using:
>
> SSL-rww.4 (and .3)
> Cryptography-RJT.10
> Squeak 3.10.2-7179-basic
>
> I'm trying to perform an OAuth authentication against google data.  The
> first URL I need to contact is:
>
> |https://www.google.com/accounts/OAuthGetRequestToken
>
> Unfortunately opening an SSL socket to this URL produces a socket in the
> "Closed" state even before any HTTP request information can be sent:
>
> socket := SSLSocket newConnection: 'www.google.com'|| port: 443.
> (Delay forMilliseconds: 500) wait.
> socket
>
> prints
>
> a SSLSocket - Closed
>
> I've successfully used my OAuth code against IBM's Jazz/JFS server so I know
> that the SSL in my image is "mostly working."  I'm only guessing that
> something is going wrong during the SSL handshake but I don't know how to
> debug it.

You could try to give the Curl plugin a short.

Cheers
Philippe

Philippe Marschall wrote:

> You could try to give the Curl plugin a short.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Thanks.  It turns out that the problem is missing ASN.1 types in
Cryptography.  A fix is available on the Open Cobalt repository (thanks
to John Dougan for pointing that out).  I'm back in business.

David