[squeak-dev] Squeak-Map may be down?

ke.sackey@gmail.com
I posted this message on the Seaside mailing list, and was told that Squeak map might be down.

I'm trying to install the Seaside Magma Helper through the Universe package browser, however always fails with:

Syntax Error: 'Nothing more expected -><'
when it tries to install the dependency: 'Logging version 3.11'

When I checked the debugging to see what it was actually doing... it seemed
to me that the SqueekMap package server is down, or responding badly.

This is the response from the server:

DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
Argument expected -><html><head>
<title>502 Proxy Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Proxy Error</h1>
response from an upstream server.<br />
The proxy server could not handle the request <em><a

--
-------
K. Sackey
Cloud Nine

[squeak-dev] Universes server may be down? (was Squeak-Map may be down?)

Ken Causey-3

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 16:36 -0400, Kum Sackey wrote:
> I posted this message on the Seaside mailing list, and was told that
> Squeak map might be down.
>
> I'm trying to install the Seaside Magma Helper through the Universe
> package browser, however always fails with:

I'm afraid you are confused, SqueakMap and Universes are two completely
seperate package catalogs.  I can't think of any way loading a package
using the Universes Browser would make any use of the SqueakMap server.
Perhaps with my subject change you will get a response from someone more
familiar with Universes.

> Syntax Error: 'Nothing more expected -><'
> when it tries to install the dependency: 'Logging version 3.11'
>
> When I checked the debugging to see what it was actually doing... it
> seemed
> to me that the SqueekMap package server is down, or responding badly.
>
> This is the response from the server:
>
> DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
> Argument expected -><html><head>
> <title>502 Proxy Error</title>
> </head><body>
> <h1>Proxy Error</h1>
> response from an upstream server.<br />
> The proxy server could not handle the request <em><a
>

> --
> -------
> K. Sackey
> Cloud Nine

Re: [squeak-dev] Universes server may be down? (was Squeak-Map may be down?)

Damien Cassou-3
On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 10:55 PM, Ken Causey <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 16:36 -0400, Kum Sackey wrote:
>  > I posted this message on the Seaside mailing list, and was told that
>  > Squeak map might be down.
>  >
>  > I'm trying to install the Seaside Magma Helper through the Universe
>  > package browser, however always fails with:

I can't reproduce the problem. Can you please give us the image
version and all the steps that produce this error?

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good

Re: [squeak-dev] Universes server may be down? (was Squeak-Map may be down?)

Göran Krampe
Hi!

Ken Causey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 16:36 -0400, Kum Sackey wrote:
> > I posted this message on the Seaside mailing list, and was told that
> > Squeak map might be down.
> > I'm trying to install the Seaside Magma Helper through the Universe
> > package browser, however always fails with:
>
> I'm afraid you are confused, SqueakMap and Universes are two completely
> seperate package catalogs.  I can't think of any way loading a package
> using the Universes Browser would make any use of the SqueakMap server.
> Perhaps with my subject change you will get a response from someone more
> familiar with Universes.

Well, it is not that easy. I am guessing that "Seaside Magma Helper" has
a script that in turn directly/indirectly tries to get and execute the
script at:

        http://map.squeak.org/accountbyid/4f504af8-92c9-4c5a-9a17-ec2e0d374620/
files/InstallerInstallLogging.st

...and since it somehow gets the HTML error message back it fails
miserably trying to compile that as Smalltalk code. :)

But the URL works fine for me, so SM is not down.

regards, Göran

Re: [squeak-dev] Universes server may be down? (was Squeak-Map may be down?)

ke.sackey@gmail.com
On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 10:55 PM, Ken Causey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 16:36 -0400, Kum Sackey wrote:
> > I posted this message on the Seaside mailing list, and was told that
> > Squeak map might be down.
> >
> > I'm trying to install the Seaside Magma Helper through the Universe
> > package browser, however always fails with:

I can't reproduce the problem. Can you please give us the image
version and all the steps that produce this error?

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good
luck». (http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu)

I was using Damien's Squeak-Dev latest web version:
- http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev.html

Then I was following the installation instructions here: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6019

Installer squeaksource project: 'Installer'; install: 'Installer-Core'.
Installer universe
answer:'username' with:'admin';
answer:'password' with:'seaside';
install: 'Magma seasideHelper';
install.
-----------------------

--
-------
K. Sackey
Cloud Nine

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:48 PM, Kum Sackey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 10:55 PM, Ken Causey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 16:36 -0400, Kum Sackey wrote:
> > > I posted this message on the Seaside mailing list, and was told that
>  > > Squeak map might be down.
> > >
> > > I'm trying to install the Seaside Magma Helper through the Universe
> > > package browser, however always fails with:
>

> I can't reproduce the problem. Can you please give us the image
>  version and all the steps that produce this error?
> I was using Damien's Squeak-Dev latest web version:
>  - http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev.html
> Then I was following the installation instructions here:
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6019

Does it work now?