[squeak-dev] SqueakGTK

MrGwen
Hi everybody,

I put a new version of SqueakGTK at
http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1211, you can download the
squeakVM (squeakGTK-3.10-1.tar.bz2 but only for unix maybe macos ??)
patched with the GtkPlugin and the callback support and rebuild the
vm.

To build the vm inside the Squeak- 3.10-1 dir
create a dir i.e. build/ go to this dir,
../platform/unix/config/configure
make
[make install]

After you can install the Gtk-G.C.70.mcz file into your image and do
in a workspace : "GtkDemo open" ;)

If don't use a unix version of the vm or if you want to rebuild the vm
by hand you must patch the code source of the squeakVM with the
GtkPlugin-02052008.tar.bz2 and also with
squeakCallback-02052008.tar.bz2 inside your image install vmmaker,
install Callback.cs, ExtraRoot.cs and Gtk-G.C.70.mcz. Once you've done
this with vmmaker you can rebuild the vm.

I don't think the plugin will work for the squeak windows vm (I've
tried to compile the vm but without success)

Cheers,
Gwenael Casaccio

Re: [squeak-dev] SqueakGTK

Michael Davies-2
On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Gwenaël Casaccio <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I put a new version of SqueakGTK at
> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1211, you can download the
> squeakVM (squeakGTK-3.10-1.tar.bz2 but only for unix maybe macos ??)
> patched with the GtkPlugin and the callback support and rebuild the
> vm.

Hi Gwenaël, this sounds very promising. Is this the same project
described at http://squeakgtk.pbwiki.com/ , and if so does this mean
that those pages are no longer being maintained?

Cheers,
Michael

Re: [squeak-dev] SqueakGTK

MrGwen
On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Michael Davies
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Gwenaël Casaccio <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  > Hi everybody,
>  >
>  > I put a new version of SqueakGTK at
>  > http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1211, you can download the
>  > squeakVM (squeakGTK-3.10-1.tar.bz2 but only for unix maybe macos ??)
>  > patched with the GtkPlugin and the callback support and rebuild the
>  > vm.
>
>  Hi Gwenaël, this sounds very promising. Is this the same project
>  described at http://squeakgtk.pbwiki.com/ , and if so does this mean
>  that those pages are no longer being maintained?
>
>  Cheers,
>  Michael

In fact this is the same project I continue the project because it was advanced.
I'll contact the authors of the project if I can use the web site it
will be very cool :)

Re: [squeak-dev] SqueakGTK

Alain Plantec
Le Friday 02 May 2008 16:04:38 Gwenaël Casaccio, vous avez écrit :
> Hi everybody,
>
> I put a new version of SqueakGTK at
> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1211, you can download the
> squeakVM (squeakGTK-3.10-1.tar.bz2 but only for unix maybe macos ??)
> patched with the GtkPlugin and the callback support and rebuild the
> vm.
Hi Gwenael,
I'm sure that a lot of squeakers are waiting for that.
Please, go on!
alain

> To build the vm inside the Squeak- 3.10-1 dir
> create a dir i.e. build/ go to this dir,
> ../platform/unix/config/configure
> make
> [make install]
>
> After you can install the Gtk-G.C.70.mcz file into your image and do
> in a workspace : "GtkDemo open" ;)
>
> If don't use a unix version of the vm or if you want to rebuild the vm
> by hand you must patch the code source of the squeakVM with the
> GtkPlugin-02052008.tar.bz2 and also with
> squeakCallback-02052008.tar.bz2 inside your image install vmmaker,
> install Callback.cs, ExtraRoot.cs and Gtk-G.C.70.mcz. Once you've done
> this with vmmaker you can rebuild the vm.
>
> I don't think the plugin will work for the squeak windows vm (I've
> tried to compile the vm but without success)
>
> Cheers,
> Gwenael Casaccio

[squeak-dev] Re: SqueakGTK

Andreas.Raab
Gwenaël Casaccio wrote:
> I don't think the plugin will work for the squeak windows vm (I've
> tried to compile the vm but without success)

What problems did you encounter trying to compile the VM?

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: SqueakGTK

MrGwen
On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Andreas Raab <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Gwenaël Casaccio wrote:
>
> > I don't think the plugin will work for the squeak windows vm (I've
> > tried to compile the vm but without success)
> >

>  What problems did you encounter trying to compile the VM?
>
>  Cheers,
>   - Andreas

I've problems with at link steps when it tries to create squeak.exe,
I've explained these problems at the SqueakVM mailing list :

- I've tried to regenerate the entire code but I've got this error :

gcc -mwindows -o ./obj/vm/Squeak.exe ./obj/vm/sqWin32Alloc.o ./obj/vm/sqWin32Arg
s.o ./obj/vm/sqWin32DirectInput.o ./obj/vm/sqWin32Directory.o ./obj/vm/sqWin32Ex
ports.o ./obj/vm/sqWin32ExternalPrims.o ./obj/vm/sqWin32GUID.o ./obj/vm/sqWin32I
ntel.o ./obj/vm/sqWin32PluginSupport.o ./obj/vm/sqWin32Prefs.o ./obj/vm/sqWin32S
ervice.o ./obj/vm/sqWin32Stubs.o ./obj/vm/sqWin32Utils.o ./obj/vm/sqWin32Window.
o ./obj/vm/version.o ./obj/vm/sqNamedPrims.o ./obj/vm/sqVirtualMachine.o ./obj/v
m/Squeak.exp ./obj/vm/resource.o  -lddraw -ldinput -lopengl32 -lwsock32 -lcomdlg
32 -lole32 -lwinmm -lversion -luser32 -lgdi32 -lkernel32 -lcrtdll
./obj/vm/sqWin32Args.o: In function `IsImage':
//C/SqueakVM/platforms/win32/build/../../win32/vm/sqWin32Args.c:26: undefined re
ference to `sqImageFileOpen'
//C/SqueakVM/platforms/win32/build/../../win32/vm/sqWin32Args.c:28: undefined re
ference to `sqImageFileRead

- There is also a strange behavior in the makefile it's certainly me but
I've seen that make creates the gnu-interp.c but it doesn't compile
gnu-interp.c but when I exec make Squeak.exe gnu-interp.c is compiled
but I've also the link errors :s

[squeak-dev] Re: SqueakGTK

Andreas.Raab
Gwenaël Casaccio wrote:
> On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Andreas Raab <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>  What problems did you encounter trying to compile the VM?
>>

> I've problems with at link steps when it tries to create squeak.exe,
> I've explained these problems at the SqueakVM mailing list :
>
> - I've tried to regenerate the entire code but I've got this error :

I see. Like Igor was saying it looks like you haven't been creating the
C source code correctly. Or perhaps you were trying to compile all
plugins external - which doesn't work for some plugins. You might try to
make at least FilePlugin internal and retry.

Hope this helps,
   - Andreas