[squeak-dev] SystemWindow instances hanging in squeak-dev image

[squeak-dev] SystemWindow instances hanging in squeak-dev image

Balázs Kósi
Hi!

Fire up a fresh squeak-dev or -web image (we tried with the latest 3.9
and 3.10).
Print it:

(A)    Smalltalk garbageCollect. (SystemWindow allInstances
difference: World submorphs) size " 0 "

Open a browser (OmniBrowser) create a class or edit a method, accept
it, then close the window.
Print (A) again, it answers 1 instead of 0.

Our dev image has 390 of these, the image size is above 100 MB.
Anyone knows how to get rid of them?

Cheers, Balázs

Re: [squeak-dev] SystemWindow instances hanging in squeak-dev image

Damien Cassou-3
Do you get the same result with a base 3.9 image?

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good
luck». (http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu)

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Do you get the same result with a base 3.9 image?
No. Neither Squeak3.9.1-final-7075, nor Squeak3.10.2-7179-basic has
this problem.
Actually in the dev image, if you try this with a non-OB browser
(Browser open), you get the expected 0 result.
We think this is an OB issue.

Cheers, Balázs

Re: [squeak-dev] SystemWindow instances hanging in squeak-dev image

Damien Cassou-3
Please create a bug report on bugs.squeak.org, for the project Squeak
Packages and the category OmniBrowser.