[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-rkrk.112.mcz

[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-rkrk.112.mcz

commits-2
Robert Krahn uploaded a new version of Tools to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Tools-rkrk.112.mcz

Name: Tools-rkrk.112
Author: rkrk
Time: 24 August 2009, 3:07:54 am
UUID: f430afae-49f9-4bbf-a776-7297ace95735
Ancestors: Tools-rkrk.111

Preferences isn't used anymore for listing classes hierarchically in the browser. Use Browser listClassesHierarchically: true to enable the feature.

=============== Diff against Tools-rkrk.111 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Browser>>classListIndexOf: (in category 'class list') -----
  classListIndexOf: className

  | classList |
  classList := self classList.
+ self class listClassesHierarchically
- Preferences listClassesHierarchically
  ifTrue: [classList := classList collect: [:ea | ea withoutLeadingBlanks asSymbol]].

  ----- Method: Browser>>classList (in category 'class list') -----
  classList

+ ^ self class listClassesHierarchically
- ^ Preferences listClassesHierarchically
  ifTrue: [self hierarchicalClassList]
  ifFalse: [self defaultClassList].!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Browser>>selectedClassName (in category 'class list') -----
  selectedClassName

  | className |
  className := self classList
  at: classListIndex
  ifAbsent: [^ nil].
+ self class listClassesHierarchically ifTrue: [
- Preferences listClassesHierarchically ifTrue: [
  className := className withoutLeadingBlanks asSymbol].
  ^ className.!

Re: [squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-rkrk.112.mcz

Ian Trudel-2
2009/8/23  <[hidden email]>:

> Robert Krahn uploaded a new version of Tools to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Tools-rkrk.112.mcz

> Name: Tools-rkrk.112
> Author: rkrk
> Time: 24 August 2009, 3:07:54 am
> UUID: f430afae-49f9-4bbf-a776-7297ace95735
> Ancestors: Tools-rkrk.111
>
> Preferences isn't used anymore for listing classes hierarchically in the browser. Use Browser listClassesHierarchically: true to enable the feature.

This and Browser listClassesHierarchically both trigger the debugger
with MessageNotUnderstood. =)

Ian.
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/

Re: [squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-rkrk.112.mcz

Robert Krahn-2
Hi, Ian -

Thanks for testing! I just took a fresh trunk image and loaded all updates + Tools-rkrk.112. Everything works fine. Could please describe more precisely what you are doing?

Thanks,
Robert

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 4:04 AM, Ian Trudel <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/8/23  <[hidden email]>:
> Robert Krahn uploaded a new version of Tools to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Tools-rkrk.112.mcz

> Name: Tools-rkrk.112
> Author: rkrk
> Time: 24 August 2009, 3:07:54 am
> UUID: f430afae-49f9-4bbf-a776-7297ace95735
> Ancestors: Tools-rkrk.111
>
> Preferences isn't used anymore for listing classes hierarchically in the browser. Use Browser listClassesHierarchically: true to enable the feature.

This and Browser listClassesHierarchically both trigger the debugger
with MessageNotUnderstood. =)

Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/

Re: [squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-rkrk.112.mcz

Ian Trudel-2
Hello Robert,

I have simply clicked on update button and then ran the given snippet
in a workspace. A list of selector appears but I decide to force my
way in since there were no real alternative and execute anyway to
finally get the debugger.

It's pretty straightforward test here. Copied and pasted what was
suggested in the commit. Tell me if you have anything that you would
like me to try...

Ian.

http://mecenia.blogspot.com/

[squeak-dev] Re: The Inbox: Tools-rkrk.112.mcz

Andreas.Raab
Ian -

The changes weren't in the trunk yet, the package was sitting in the
inbox. When you update you only get what's in the trunk; if you want to
check out stuff that's in the inbox you need to point Monticello at the
repository at http://source.squeak.org/inbox and load the package(s)
explicitly.

In the meantime I've copied these packages in the trunk though; now you
can just update and try it via Browser listClassesHierarchically: true.

Cheers,
   - Adreas

Ian Trudel wrote:

> Hello Robert,
>
> I have simply clicked on update button and then ran the given snippet
> in a workspace. A list of selector appears but I decide to force my
> way in since there were no real alternative and execute anyway to
> finally get the debugger.
>
> It's pretty straightforward test here. Copied and pasted what was
> suggested in the commit. Tell me if you have anything that you would
> like me to try...
>
> Ian.
>
> 2009/8/23 Robert Krahn <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi, Ian -
>> Thanks for testing! I just took a fresh trunk image and loaded all updates
>> + Tools-rkrk.112. Everything works fine. Could please describe more
>> precisely what you are doing?
>> Thanks,
>> Robert

>>> This and Browser listClassesHierarchically both trigger the debugger
>>> with MessageNotUnderstood. =)
>>>
>>> Ian.
>>> --
>>> http://mecenia.blogspot.com/

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: The Inbox: Tools-rkrk.112.mcz

Ian Trudel-2
Hello Andreas,

It's easier than I thought to overlook which repository has been
updated. I am still in favour of digests (daily or weekly). Anyway, as
far as this change is concerned, I confirm that it does work here.
Squeak 3.11.3 (beta) VM with 3.10.2 trunk image + latest updates.

Ian.

--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/