[squeak-dev] The people wish know...

Edgar J. De Cleene
The people wish know... Folks:

I ask which fonts most Squeakers use with zero answers, so I resurrect some old I have for dealing with preferred fonts, Iattach just in case some found this useful.

The question I have for all is:

Users should be informed of changes in best way don’t  you think?

World items change, Flaps behavior revert to unwanted , Fonts don’t read as before and sure more still I not discover.

And maybe not all could dig and have the system as she/he have before ....

Edgar

7241PreferencesexportStandardSystemFonts.2.cs (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [squeak-dev] The people wish know...

garduino
Hi Edgar:

I was just responding your other mail and arrived this.

I ilke the Cuis fonts, but on a daily basis, when I start a new image,
I only set "demo mode" to
have big fonts (I prefer them, may be because I see better :) ).

About your other comment, YES, I support it, the user MUST be informed
of the changes in a clear way.

Cheers.
Germán.

On 8/13/09 8:14 AM, "Germán Arduino" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Edgar:
>
> I was just responding your other mail and arrived this.
>
> I ilke the Cuis fonts, but on a daily basis, when I start a new image,
> I only set "demo mode" to
> have big fonts (I prefer them, may be because I see better :) ).
>
> About your other comment, YES, I support it, the user MUST be informed
> of the changes in a clear way.
>
> Cheers.
> Germán.

By the record, I not complaining.
I say Andreas and all people doing work in trunk should be praised for his
work.
Only I wish more open model and warnings of what could change in the system..

Edgar

[squeak-dev] Re: The people wish know...

Andreas.Raab
Hi Edgar -

I agree that we need to be clear to users on these issues. The change in
fonts was obviously intentional - unless people have a chance to try
them we won't get much feedback on them. So what can we do to improve
the situation going forward?

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> Folks:
>
> I ask which fonts most Squeakers use with zero answers, so I resurrect
> some old I have for dealing with preferred fonts, Iattach just in case
> some found this useful.
>
> The question I have for all is:
>
> Users should be informed of changes in best way don’t  you think?
>
> World items change, Flaps behavior revert to unwanted , Fonts don’t read
> as before and sure more still I not discover.
>
> And maybe not all could dig and have the system as she/he have before ....
>

> Edgar

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: The people wish know...

Edgar J. De Cleene

On 8/13/09 11:01 AM, "Andreas Raab" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Edgar -
>
> I agree that we need to be clear to users on these issues. The change in
> fonts was obviously intentional - unless people have a chance to try
> them we won't get much feedback on them. So what can we do to improve
> the situation going forward?
>
> Cheers,
>    - Andreas

Squeak is more personal as others IDE.
Some old timers as me like colorful and old Mac windows like and all Morphic
and some hated just this.
Repeat, you are doing a terrific job and don't take this about " things as I
have before" in negative .

Only we need preserve status in external files as the attached .cs.
Sure could be improved and we could have better Fonts, Flaps, World items,
etc saved on disk.

Edgar