[squeak-dev] Trunk update stalled

K. K. Subramaniam
Hi,

The load updates operation from the trunk is stalling today (waited for over
20 mins) while installing System-ar.131 (see attachment). This is on Kubuntu
9.04 with VM 3.10-6 (with UUIDPlugin removed). UI is responsive and I can
bring up menus etc. It is just the update thread which stalled.

Is this a temp server side issue? Any clue?

Thanks for helping .. Subbu

hang2.png (68K) Download Attachment

[squeak-dev] Re: Trunk update stalled

Andreas.Raab
K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
> The load updates operation from the trunk is stalling today (waited for over
> 20 mins) while installing System-ar.131 (see attachment). This is on Kubuntu
> 9.04 with VM 3.10-6 (with UUIDPlugin removed). UI is responsive and I can
> bring up menus etc. It is just the update thread which stalled.
>
> Is this a temp server side issue? Any clue?

I suppose everyone runs into this at some point ;-) All you need to do
is to click on the "merge" button and the update process will proceed.

It's actually not really stalled - MC is offering you the choice to
review the changes since it has determined that it's worthwhile
reviewing (due MC figuring that you may have done changes yourself to
the package). We *do* have seen a few false positives in this regard; so
unless this is stuff you've actually been working on just hit "merge"
and continue.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Trunk update stalled

K. K. Subramaniam
On Friday 14 Aug 2009 11:46:37 am Andreas Raab wrote:
> I suppose everyone runs into this at some point ;-) All you need to do
> is to click on the "merge" button and the update process will proceed.
I clicked the Merge and closed the window to proceed with the code updates.
Thanks for the quick response and the clarification .. Subbu