[squeak-dev] WTF ???

Mariano Martinez Peck
I have a very strange problem. Here at work, I am using Windows with NOD32 and every time I try to download something with Monticello I see my CPU 99% used by the process "ekrn" which is a process of NOD32. My download from MC is so slow that I have to wait hours to be download (the progress bar moves very very slow). If I kill the ekrn process, the progress bar goes fast and I can download something from MC (the normal case).

Any ideas ? someone has the same problem as I ?

Cheers,

Mariano

Re: [squeak-dev] WTF ???

Herbert König
Hello Mariano,

MMP> Any ideas ? someone has the same problem as I ?

at a customer of mine we had to exclude the Squeak folder from the
virus scanning. The scanner massively slowed down the access to the
changes file. It was WinXP and one of the well known scanners (can't
remember which). Nowadays they use NOD but as the Squeak app doesn't
contact the web and otherwise runs happily I have no details.

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: [squeak-dev] WTF ???

Mariano Martinez Peck

2009/3/28 Herbert König <[hidden email]>
Hello Mariano,

MMP> Any ideas ? someone has the same problem as I ?

at a customer of mine we had to exclude the Squeak folder from the
virus scanning. The scanner massively slowed down the access to the
changes file. It was WinXP and one of the well known scanners (can't
remember which). Nowadays they use NOD but as the Squeak app doesn't
contact the web and otherwise runs happily I have no details.

Yeah. You were right. Now I excluded squeak folder from NOD32 and worked like a charm.

Thanks,

Mariano