[squeak-dev] Where to find the FT2Plugin sources

[squeak-dev] Where to find the FT2Plugin sources

Damien Cassou-3
Hi,

where can I get the free type plugin sources for the unix Squeak vm?

Thank you

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: [squeak-dev] Where to find the FT2Plugin sources

johnmci
The last time I compiled it for os-x was via

MCHttpRepository
        location: 'http://source.impara.de/freetype'
        user: ''
        password: ''

However to compile for os-x  the original xcode project came from
bert. I don't think it's in the squeakvm svn tree.
Then I had to use macports to install freetype, plus then build a
universal version for intel and powerpc.
Then you take the static libraries and link into the plugin.
If you choose to use the dynamic libraries you will find mixed
satisfaction since thru-out the 10.4/10.5 versions of os-x
it was plagued with issues in resolving problems between font files
and cocoa's viewpoint.

On 2009-09-27, at 7:25 AM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> where can I get the free type plugin sources for the unix Squeak vm?
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

--
=
=

Re: [squeak-dev] Where to find the FT2Plugin sources

Bert Freudenberg

On 27.09.2009, at 18:51, John M McIntosh wrote:

> The last time I compiled it for os-x was via
>
> MCHttpRepository
> location: 'http://source.impara.de/freetype'
> user: ''
> password: ''
>

> However to compile for os-x  the original xcode project came from
> bert. I don't think it's in the squeakvm svn tree.
> Then I had to use macports to install freetype, plus then build a
> universal version for intel and powerpc.
> Then you take the static libraries and link into the plugin.
> If you choose to use the dynamic libraries you will find mixed
> satisfaction since thru-out the 10.4/10.5 versions of os-x
> it was plagued with issues in resolving problems between font files
> and cocoa's viewpoint.

Hmm, it looks like we intended to move it to SqueakSource:

http://www.squeaksource.com/Freetype.html

but never got around to do it ...

Anybody interested in doing this? I.e., copying all versions from the
impara server over to SqueakSource? And possibly even improving on them?

- Bert -

Re: [squeak-dev] Where to find the FT2Plugin sources

Ian Piumarta-2
On Sep 27, 2009, at 12:45 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> http://www.squeaksource.com/Freetype.html
> I.e., copying all versions from the impara server over to
> SqueakSource?

Please call the plugin part of this FT2Plugin or FreetypePlugin.
Every other prebuilt plugin is either part of VMM or has 'Plugin'
somewhere in its SS project name, making them easy to find.