[squeak-dev] Which Teams are still alive?

[squeak-dev] Which Teams are still alive?

Janko Mivšek
Dear all,

I'm just looking at the Team list on
http://www.squeak.org/Community/Teams/ and wondering, how many those
teams are still actual or alive. For the sake of clarity I'll put on
that list only those teams, which are current and alive. Others can be
put to the separate web page (team archive, past teams or something).
What do you think?

Also, please check if the information is up to date, if team leaders and
coordinators are the right ones etc.

Best regards
Janko Mivšek from the Web team

Re: [squeak-dev] Which Teams are still alive?

Janko Mivšek
For enhancing the clarity of Teams page I'm brainstorming possible
reorganization of teams list, by introducing a hierarchy, something like
this:

Teams

   General

     Box Admins
     Documentation Team
     Election
     News
     Release Team (here or below?)
     Web Team

   Stewards (or Technical?)

     Balloon Stewards
     Compression Stewards
     FFI Stewards
     Graphics Stewards
     I/O Stewards
     Modules
     Morphic Stewards
     Packages
     Software Engineering Team
     ToolBuilder

Is this enough or should we introduce some other subcategory too (like
Other)?

What are the Stewards? I don't find the explanation on the team page.
Description in one sentence?

What are the coordinators? Description of their role is missing too.

I would also put column with team leader names  before coordinators,
because they are most important and responsible for the team, more than
coordinators (which are from the Board, right?).

JAnko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: [squeak-dev] Which Teams are still alive?

Karl Ramberg
Janko Mivšek wrote:
> For enhancing the clarity of Teams page I'm brainstorming possible
> reorganization of teams list, by introducing a hierarchy, something
> like this:
>
> Teams
>
>   General
>
>     Box Admins
Alive
>     Documentation Team
mathew ?
>     Election
once a year

>     News
alive
>     Release Team (here or below?)
almost
>     Web Team
alive

>   Stewards (or Technical?)
all these seem dead.
Looking trough the mail list archives will tell which groups are moving.
I think we can remove references to the stewards and lists that have not
been used for the last year. This kind of stale info on the website just
confuse and give a wrong picture of the community.

Karl

>     Balloon Stewards
>     Compression Stewards
>     FFI Stewards
>     Graphics Stewards
>     I/O Stewards
>     Modules
>     Morphic Stewards
>     Packages
>     Software Engineering Team
>     ToolBuilder
>

> Is this enough or should we introduce some other subcategory too (like
> Other)?
>
> What are the Stewards? I don't find the explanation on the team page.
> Description in one sentence?
>
> What are the coordinators? Description of their role is missing too.
>
> I would also put column with team leader names  before coordinators,
> because they are most important and responsible for the team, more
> than coordinators (which are from the Board, right?).
>
> JAnko
>

> Janko Mivšek wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I'm just looking at the Team list on
>> http://www.squeak.org/Community/Teams/ and wondering, how many those
>> teams are still actual or alive. For the sake of clarity I'll put on
>> that list only those teams, which are current and alive. Others can
>> be put to the separate web page (team archive, past teams or
>> something). What do you think?
>>
>> Also, please check if the information is up to date, if team leaders
>> and coordinators are the right ones etc.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Janko Mivšek from the Web team

[squeak-dev] Re: Which Teams are still alive?

Klaus D. Witzel
On Thu, 08 May 2008 12:43:54 +0200, Janko Mivšek wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm just looking at the Team list on
> http://www.squeak.org/Community/Teams/ and wondering, how many those
> teams are still actual or alive. For the sake of clarity I'll put on
> that list only those teams, which are current and alive.

Please ;) The GSoC2008 team is current and alive, has coordinator/team
leader, a list and members.

Mind to put an entry for GSoC2008 at the top?

TIA.

/Klaus

> Others can be put to the separate web page (team archive, past teams or
> something). What do you think?
>
> Also, please check if the information is up to date, if team leaders and
> coordinators are the right ones etc.
>
> Best regards
> Janko Mivšek from the Web team

Re: [squeak-dev] Which Teams are still alive?

Tapple Gao
On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 01:08:57PM +0200, Janko Miv??ek wrote:
> For enhancing the clarity of Teams page I'm brainstorming possible
> reorganization of teams list, by introducing a hierarchy, something like
> this:
>
>     Documentation Team

Once SBE came out, I stopped doing much about the
documentation team. I still do some stuff on the wiki here and
there, but I'm mostly doing release stuff right now. If anyone
wants to work on documentation, a good list of what needs to be
done is at

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/808
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2352

>     Release Team (here or below?)

I made a home-page for the release team:
http://installer.pbwiki.org/SqueakReleaseTeam

Re: [squeak-dev] Which Teams are still alive?

Igor Stasenko
2008/5/9 Matthew Fulmer <[hidden email]>:

> On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 01:08:57PM +0200, Janko Miv??ek wrote:
>> For enhancing the clarity of Teams page I'm brainstorming possible
>> reorganization of teams list, by introducing a hierarchy, something like
>> this:
>>
>>     Documentation Team
>
> Once SBE came out, I stopped doing much about the
> documentation team. I still do some stuff on the wiki here and
> there, but I'm mostly doing release stuff right now. If anyone
> wants to work on documentation, a good list of what needs to be
> done is at
>
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/808
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2352
>
>>     Release Team (here or below?)
>
> I made a home-page for the release team:
> http://installer.pbwiki.org/SqueakReleaseTeam

Following this link i got:
---
PBwiki is in read-only mode.

PBwiki is undergoing unscheduled maintenance and will be back in the
early morning PDT. Your wiki is read-only for the moment, but your
data is safe. Updates here.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.
---

Should i care to say, that its better to have mission critical public
resources within reachability limits of box-admins? ;)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [squeak-dev] Which Teams are still alive?

keith1y

> We're sorry for the inconvenience.
> ---
>
> Should i care to say, that its better to have mission critical public
> resources within reachability limits of box-admins? ;)

Its called outsourcing... do what you do best and pay others to do what
they do best.

In this case pbwiki is free, and making squeak/wiki do what pbwiki does
will take up resources from somewhere else.

I think it is called "compromise"

Keith

p.s. this is the first downtime I have seen on pbwiki for all the time I
have been using it which is over 18 months now.