[squeak-dev] error "Cannot compile -- stack including temps is too deep" when loading VMMaker-3.8b6.mcz into Trunk

[squeak-dev] error "Cannot compile -- stack including temps is too deep" when loading VMMaker-3.8b6.mcz into Trunk

vaidasd
Hello,
I was trying to compile VM as described in
http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/compiling.html, in order to regenerate
source, tried to load VMMaker-3.8b6.mcz and got an error, log is
attached.
Shall l use different image in order to regenerate source? Actually I
want to build current VM for Windows Mobile platform, do any
suggestions exists on how to to that?
Thank you in advace, Vaidotas

SqueakDebug.log (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [squeak-dev] error "Cannot compile -- stack including temps is too deep" when loading VMMaker-3.8b6.mcz into Trunk

Giuseppe
Hi

El mié, 02-09-2009 a las 13:24 +0300, Vaidotas Didžbalis escribió:
Hello,
I was trying to compile VM as described in
http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/compiling.html, in order to regenerate
source, tried to load VMMaker-3.8b6.mcz and got an error, log is
attached.
Shall l use different image in order to regenerate source? Actually I
want to build current VM for Windows Mobile platform, do any
suggestions exists on how to to that?
Thank you in advace, Vaidotas

Here http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2436 and here http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/WinCE/ you have binaries for windows mobile

But are a little old, and I don't know if it's possible to optimize more. Over Cuis image, works well, but, more speed always is appreciated.

About VMMaker, I tried yesterday on Trunk image, and has errors too, and I would like to have it working (and learn how to use it of course) but I can't help you here.

Re: [squeak-dev] error "Cannot compile -- stack including temps is too deep" when loading VMMaker-3.8b6.mcz into Trunk

David T. Lewis
On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 01:24:32PM +0300, Vaidotas Did??balis wrote:
> Hello,
> I was trying to compile VM as described in
> http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/compiling.html, in order to regenerate
> source, tried to load VMMaker-3.8b6.mcz and got an error, log is
> attached.

Load the latest version of VMMaker from SqueakSource, and this problem
will go away. You should do this if you are building an up to date VM
with source code from the Subversion repository (www.squeakvm.org).

If you want to use the older VMMaker-3.8b6.mcz version (for example,
if you are working with an older version of the platform sources and
you want the VMMaker to match), then you will need to load it into a
slightly older Squeak image, prior to the addition of closure support.

The problem was caused by one method in a plugin that packed a lot of
code into one method, and did not quite "fit" into the restrictions
of the compiler with closure support. The method has been fixed in
recent VMMaker versions to prevent this.

Dave