[squeak-dev] gettext support?

Ian Trudel-2
Hello,

NaturalLanguageEditor has gettext export button, that does not work.
And no import feature? Is there anywhere to update the editor with
these features?

Regards,
Ian

Re: [squeak-dev] gettext support?

Tapple Gao
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 02:11:52PM -0500, Ian Trudel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> NaturalLanguageEditor has gettext export button, that does not work.
> And no import feature? Is there anywhere to update the editor with
> these features?

You should ask this question on the etoys list probably. They
completely redid the translation facilities of squeak

Re: [Etoys] [squeak-dev] gettext support?

Yoshiki Ohshima-2
At Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:48:10 -0500,
Matthew Fulmer wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 02:11:52PM -0500, Ian Trudel wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > NaturalLanguageEditor has gettext export button, that does not work.
> > And no import feature? Is there anywhere to update the editor with
> > these features?
>
> You should ask this question on the etoys list probably. They
> completely redid the translation facilities of squeak

  LanguageEditor is phased out and we moved to the web-based
translation.  GetTextExporter2 and GetTextImport in the Etoys image
works well.   Look at the users of these classes for the usage.

-- Yoshiki

Re: [squeak-dev] gettext support?

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 1/12/09 5:48 PM, "Matthew Fulmer" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> You should ask this question on the etoys list probably. They
> completely redid the translation facilities of squeak

Another thing to add to FunSqueak 4.0 ?

Edgar

Re: [squeak-dev] gettext support?

Michael Rueger-6
Ian Trudel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> NaturalLanguageEditor has gettext export button, that does not work.
> And no import feature? Is there anywhere to update the editor with
> these features?

We have extracted the gettext support and packaged it into MC packages:

http://source.impara.de/aida/Multilingual-Editor-be.2.mcz
http://source.impara.de/aida/System-Localization-be.3.mcz

It might make sense to move them into a SqueakSource repository?

Michael

Re: [squeak-dev] gettext support?

Edgar J. De Cleene

Michael:

I add to SqueakLightII.dev.7215 for improve image.
As I have Aida as Web framework , wish know if I could grab others .mcz in http://source.impara.de/aida

Also I wish know if is OK I adopt PackageInfo and Monticello from Impara

Edgar

Re: [squeak-dev] gettext support?

Philippe Marschall
2009/1/13 Michael Rueger <[hidden email]>:

> Ian Trudel wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> NaturalLanguageEditor has gettext export button, that does not work.
>> And no import feature? Is there anywhere to update the editor with
>> these features?
>
> We have extracted the gettext support and packaged it into MC packages:
>

> http://source.impara.de/aida/Multilingual-Editor-be.2.mcz
> http://source.impara.de/aida/System-Localization-be.3.mcz
>
> It might make sense to move them into a SqueakSource repository?

Just out of curiosity, under what license is this?

Cheers
Philippe

Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> I add to SqueakLightII.dev.7215 for improve image.
> As I have Aida as Web framework , wish know if I could grab others .mcz
> in http://source.impara.de/aida

Yes, they are available. We tried to make them as clean as possible, but
as those are packages we use for the etoys project server and the Sophie
book server there might be some dependencies that haven't been cleaned
up completely.

> Also I wish know if is OK I adopt PackageInfo and Monticello from Impara

It is ok, but the Impara versions may not be in sync with newer versions
AFAIK.

Michael

Philippe Marschall wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, under what license is this?

The two gettext related packages definitely MIT.
We haven't really thought about the other packages, but probably MIT as
well.

Michael

On 13/01/2009, at 07:46, Michael Rueger wrote:

Yes, they are available. We tried to make them as clean as possible, but as those are packages we use for the etoys project server and the Sophie book server there might be some dependencies that haven't been cleaned up completely.

No problem , as in the long run I wish learn how to load from other main forks.
Etoys , Sophie and Scratch was inspirational to me.

It is ok, but the Impara versions may not be in sync with newer versions AFAIK.

Yes, but until Colin and Lukas have Monticello 2 working (very close now), I think you have the best Monticello1.

Edgar

Re: [squeak-dev] gettext support?

Janko Mivšek
Hi all,

Just FYI, I'm just working on translation support in Aida and this one
won't use some external files and gettext, but will rather store
translations directly into class side methods.

Rationale for such approach is the same as it is for storing web images
into the methods: it is easier to store translations along with the code
into our versioning systems, easier to install, easier to maintain.

Maybe we can later make this approach more generally available as a
separate package? Anyone interested?

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:46:32AM +0100, Michael Rueger wrote:

> Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
>
> > I add to SqueakLightII.dev.7215 for improve image.
> > As I have Aida as Web framework , wish know if I could grab others .mcz
> > in http://source.impara.de/aida
>
> Yes, they are available. We tried to make them as clean as possible, but
> as those are packages we use for the etoys project server and the Sophie
> book server there might be some dependencies that haven't been cleaned
> up completely.
>
> > Also I wish know if is OK I adopt PackageInfo and Monticello from Impara
>
> It is ok, but the Impara versions may not be in sync with newer versions
> AFAIK.

As far as I know, Keith Hodges merged in all the changes from
the Impara forks of PackageInfo and Monticello into Monticello
1.5

Re: [squeak-dev] gettext support?

keith1y
Michael Rueger wrote:

> Ian Trudel wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> NaturalLanguageEditor has gettext export button, that does not work.
>> And no import feature? Is there anywhere to update the editor with
>> these features?
>
> We have extracted the gettext support and packaged it into MC packages:
>

> http://source.impara.de/aida/Multilingual-Editor-be.2.mcz
> http://source.impara.de/aida/System-Localization-be.3.mcz
>
> It might make sense to move them into a SqueakSource repository?
>
> Michael
Cool, lets have a packages definition that loads them.

ok... that took less than a minute. (I put them into Sake/Packages not
Universes (feeling lazy today))

review of latest changes to sake/packages & universes.

Updates: Rio, Nile, Omnibrowser, Logging, SqueakDBX, eCompletion

interesting additions!

CassandraClient

    self name: 'CassandraClient'.
    self version: '1.0'.
    info category: 'Persistence'.

GemToolsClient

    self name: 'GemTools-Client'.
    self version: '0.345'.
    info category: 'Network'.
    info description:
'Installs GLASS client software. Provides development environment UI for
OmniBrowser-based tools running in a GemStone server.

Finally: I have learnt how to include files attached to Mantis bug
reports in Universes, see StreamsReadability for an example. This allows
packages in universes to call up bug fixes if they really have to.

cheers

Keith

p.s. there is a trivial error in the "Pier" entry version is set to
"currentnew"

Keith

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:27:14PM +0100, Janko Miv??ek wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just FYI, I'm just working on translation support in Aida and this one
> won't use some external files and gettext, but will rather store
> translations directly into class side methods.
>
> Rationale for such approach is the same as it is for storing web images
> into the methods: it is easier to store translations along with the code
> into our versioning systems, easier to install, easier to maintain.
>
> Maybe we can later make this approach more generally available as a
> separate package? Anyone interested?

Keith Hodges removed the need for this silly workaround in
MC1.5. MC1.5 is able to version control files. So you can
version files with Squeaksource by upgrading your MC client:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-December/133031.html

You can install Monticello 1.5 either through universes
(category "Group Development"), or via SqueakMap