[squeak-dev] how to load seaside 2.9?

Bergel, Alexandre
Dear list,

I could not figure out how seaside can be loaded. When I open a
repository inspector on squeaksource.com/Seaside29, and select a
version of the Seaside-Squeak-Kom-Full I got a roll back.

Maybe some info how to load seaside may be given in http://
www.squeaksource.com/Seaside29.html

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [squeak-dev] how to load seaside 2.9?

Lukas Renggli
>  I could not figure out how seaside can be loaded. When I open a repository
> inspector on squeaksource.com/Seaside29, and select a version of the
> Seaside-Squeak-Kom-Full I got a roll back.

Normally you shouldn't use Seaside 2.9. Seaside 2.9 is very
experimental, certain parts are broken, it is under heavy development
and things change without further announcement. Unless you want to
help tracking down bugs and improving the system I suggest to stick
with Seaside 2.8.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [squeak-dev] how to load seaside 2.9?

Bergel, Alexandre
Thanks Lukas,

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 8 Apr 2008, at 12:20, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>>  I could not figure out how seaside can be loaded. When I open a
>> repository
>> inspector on squeaksource.com/Seaside29, and select a version of the
>> Seaside-Squeak-Kom-Full I got a roll back.
>
> Normally you shouldn't use Seaside 2.9. Seaside 2.9 is very
> experimental, certain parts are broken, it is under heavy development
> and things change without further announcement. Unless you want to
> help tracking down bugs and improving the system I suggest to stick
> with Seaside 2.8.
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [squeak-dev] how to load seaside 2.9?

Nevin Pratt
Lukas Renggli wrote:
 I could not figure out how seaside can be loaded. When I open a repository
inspector on squeaksource.com/Seaside29, and select a version of the
Seaside-Squeak-Kom-Full I got a roll back.

Normally you shouldn't use Seaside 2.9. Seaside 2.9 is very
experimental, certain parts are broken, it is under heavy development
and things change without further announcement. Unless you want to
help tracking down bugs and improving the system I suggest to stick
with Seaside 2.8.

Lukas

How do you tell what version of Seaside is in an image?

Nevin

Re: [squeak-dev] how to load seaside 2.9?

Brett Kosinski

>  How do you tell what version of Seaside is in an image?

Just hit the dispatcher page.  It shows the version below the seaside
logo (in the upper-left).

Brett.

Brett Kosinski wrote:
 How do you tell what version of Seaside is in an image?

Just hit the dispatcher page.  It shows the version below the seaside
logo (in the upper-left).

Brett.

The version info on that page is fairly new.  It didn't used to be there, as little as about a year or so ago.

And that still leaves me scratching my head about the version in some of my older images, because they don't show the version on the config/dispatcher page like that.

Nevin

Re: [squeak-dev] how to load seaside 2.9?

Brett Kosinski
>  And that still leaves me scratching my head about the version in some of my
> older images, because they don't show the version on the config/dispatcher
> page like that.

So does that mean  SeasidePlatformSupport>>#versionString doesn't
exist, either? (can you tell I don't have an older image lying
around?)

Brett.

Brett Kosinski wrote:
 And that still leaves me scratching my head about the version in some of my
older images, because they don't show the version on the config/dispatcher
page like that.

So does that mean  SeasidePlatformSupport>>#versionString doesn't
exist, either? (can you tell I don't have an older image lying
around?)

Brett.

Nope, no SeasidePlatformSupport>>#versionString method, either.

It's an image I did some work in some months ago, in a Squeak 3.8 image.  I believe the image was taken from the official Seaside site around, oh, I think November 2006.

Any way, it's no big deal.  I was just curious if there was a way to tell the version.  It's not worth spending any time on.

Nevin

Re: [squeak-dev] how to load seaside 2.9?

Philippe Marschall
2008/4/9, Nevin Pratt <[hidden email]>:

>  Brett Kosinski wrote:
>
>  And that still leaves me scratching my head about the version in some of my
> older images, because they don't show the version on the config/dispatcher
> page like that.
>

> So does that mean SeasidePlatformSupport>>#versionString
> doesn't
> exist, either? (can you tell I don't have an older image lying
> around?)
>
> Brett.
>

>  Nope, no SeasidePlatformSupport>>#versionString method,
> either.
>
>  It's an image I did some work in some months ago, in a Squeak 3.8 image.  I
> believe the image was taken from the official Seaside site around, oh, I
> think November 2006.
>
>  Any way, it's no big deal.  I was just curious if there was a way to tell
> the version.  It's not worth spending any time on.

If you open the Monticello Browser, what does it say for Seaside?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: [squeak-dev] how to load seaside 2.9?

Lukas Renggli
> If you open the Monticello Browser, what does it say for Seaside?

Yes, this is also what #versionString does, it open the Monticello
Browser and looks what it says for the package named Seaside ;-)

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch