[squeak-dev] linux beta testers for GStreamer?

[squeak-dev] linux beta testers for GStreamer?

johnmci
Ok I'm far enough along so that I need some beta testers to try the
SUnits for the GStreamer plugin on Linux.

Right now the SUnit runs thru about 32 tests to check the sanity of
the API and functionality of playing *.ogg files
it has created, or downloaded from http://www.gutenberg.org/files.
This of course works on my os-x macintel machine
with GStreamer installed but I need to broaden the test base a bit.

Other issues.

(a) I have not written this for 64bit linux, I don't have a test
machine setup for that.  Likely some work
is required to rework the SLANG so that it's 64bit pointer aware
versus being 32bit aware.

(b) GStreamer is not part of the standard OS-X installation,
installing it requires practice with the cmd-line, and lots of time.

(c) I have no plans to test or make this work on Windows.

--
=
=

[squeak-dev] Re: linux beta testers for GStreamer?

Hilaire Fernandes-4
John,
I can try to help.
Where are the SUnit to test?

Hilaire

Le jeudi 20 mars 2008 à 23:25 -0700, John M McIntosh a écrit :

> Ok I'm far enough along so that I need some beta testers to try the
> SUnits for the GStreamer plugin on Linux.
>
> Right now the SUnit runs thru about 32 tests to check the sanity of
> the API and functionality of playing *.ogg files
> it has created, or downloaded from http://www.gutenberg.org/files.
> This of course works on my os-x macintel machine
> with GStreamer installed but I need to broaden the test base a bit.
>
> Other issues.
>
> (a) I have not written this for 64bit linux, I don't have a test
> machine setup for that.  Likely some work
> is required to rework the SLANG so that it's 64bit pointer aware
> versus being 32bit aware.
>
> (b) GStreamer is not part of the standard OS-X installation,
> installing it requires practice with the cmd-line, and lots of time.
>
> (c) I have no plans to test or make this work on Windows.
>
> --
> =
> =
> =
> John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>
> Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com
> =
> =
> =

Re: [squeak-dev] linux beta testers for GStreamer?

NorbertHartl
On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 23:25 -0700, John M McIntosh wrote:

> Ok I'm far enough along so that I need some beta testers to try the
> SUnits for the GStreamer plugin on Linux.
>
> Right now the SUnit runs thru about 32 tests to check the sanity of
> the API and functionality of playing *.ogg files
> it has created, or downloaded from http://www.gutenberg.org/files.
> This of course works on my os-x macintel machine
> with GStreamer installed but I need to broaden the test base a bit.
>
> Other issues.
>
> (a) I have not written this for 64bit linux, I don't have a test
> machine setup for that.  Likely some work
> is required to rework the SLANG so that it's 64bit pointer aware
> versus being 32bit aware.
>
> (b) GStreamer is not part of the standard OS-X installation,
> installing it requires practice with the cmd-line, and lots of time.
>
> (c) I have no plans to test or make this work on Windows.

If you provide some details/code I can try it on my machine. I have
64bit ubuntu and a 32bit chroot environment.

Norbert

Re: [squeak-dev] linux beta testers for GStreamer?

Damien Cassou-3
I can also help.

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good