[squeak-dev] monticello http

Sebastian Sastre-2
hi there,
I'm trying to setup a directory with authentication to use monticello via http
(which seems less error prone and faster to commit than ftp). Pretty much the
same as in squeaksource.
I've setup the dir with AuthType Basic but MC seems complains about it is unable
to access when I try to open.
When I try to commit it complains:
405 Method Not Allowed

any ideas?
thanks
sebastian

Re: [squeak-dev] monticello http

Michael Rueger-6
Sebastian Sastre wrote:
> hi there,
> I'm trying to setup a directory with authentication to use monticello via http
> (which seems less error prone and faster to commit than ftp). Pretty much the
> same as in squeaksource.

Here's a setup I'm using:

in the host config

<Directory path-to-your-src-dir>
         AuthType Basic
         AuthName Source
         AuthUserFile /xxx...xxx/.htpasswd
         AuthGroupFile /xxx...xxx/.htgroup

         Options +Indexes
         DirectoryIndex index.html
         AllowOverride All
         DAV on
</Directory>

and in each repository directory's .htaccess file
Depending on whether you want universal read and/or/write you need to
en- or disable the limit directive on GET and/or PUT.

Options +Indexes
<LimitExcept PUT GET>
         Deny from all
</LimitExcept>
#<Limit GET>
         #Require group a-group-from-htgroup
#</Limit>
<Limit PUT>
         Require group a-group-from-htgroup
</Limit>

If someone has a simpler setup I'm all ears :-)

Michael