[squeak-dev] squeak on unix and ucs4 key codes

[squeak-dev] squeak on unix and ucs4 key codes

Martin Kuball
Hi!

Can someone please tell me how to make squeak play nice with the keyevents
generated by the new unix VM. I'm really fed up with this "subscript is
out of bounds" error messages (where subscript is <= 0).

I don't care if it is some change in the smalltalk code or if I have to
disable something in the c-code before compiling.

Martin

Re: [squeak-dev] squeak on unix and ucs4 key codes

Yoshiki Ohshima-2
At Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:53:31 +0100,
Martin Kuball wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Can someone please tell me how to make squeak play nice with the keyevents
> generated by the new unix VM. I'm really fed up with this "subscript is
> out of bounds" error messages (where subscript is <= 0).
>
> I don't care if it is some change in the smalltalk code or if I have to
> disable something in the c-code before compiling.

  What image are you using?  The image side code should look at the
proper entry(-ies) in the event buffer (at: 6, but if it is zero, at:
3).  Look at (for example) the Etoys image.

-- Yoshiki

[squeak-dev] Re: squeak on unix and ucs4 key codes

Nicolas Cellier-3
Yoshiki Ohshima a écrit :

> At Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:53:31 +0100,
> Martin Kuball wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Can someone please tell me how to make squeak play nice with the keyevents
>> generated by the new unix VM. I'm really fed up with this "subscript is
>> out of bounds" error messages (where subscript is <= 0).
>>
>> I don't care if it is some change in the smalltalk code or if I have to
>> disable something in the c-code before compiling.
>
>   What image are you using?  The image side code should look at the
> proper entry(-ies) in the event buffer (at: 6, but if it is zero, at:
> 3).  Look at (for example) the Etoys image.
>
> -- Yoshiki

Hello Martin,
I presume this has something to do with
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7071
Maybe you'd like to load Yoshiki fixes in your image.
Executing this code in a workspace might help:
     Installer ensureFix: 7071.
Cheers

Nicolas