[squeak-dev] [trunk] BlockClosureTest: obsolete?

[squeak-dev] [trunk] BlockClosureTest: obsolete?

Michael Haupt-3
Hi,

in my vile attempt to eventually make that bar go green, I noticed
(and Marcus Denker gave some hints) that BlockClosureTest is probably
not relevant any more in a closurised image.

I feel a bit bad about removing a test raising an error, but as it
seems to be irrelevant to the closures implementation that is in the
trunk image, I don't really think it should stay around.

Along the way, I would also remove CompiledMethod>>#createBlock:, as
that is only ever sent from within said test.

Comments?

Best,

Michael

[squeak-dev] Re: [trunk] BlockClosureTest: obsolete?

Andreas.Raab
Michael Haupt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in my vile attempt to eventually make that bar go green, I noticed
> (and Marcus Denker gave some hints) that BlockClosureTest is probably
> not relevant any more in a closurised image.
>
> I feel a bit bad about removing a test raising an error, but as it
> seems to be irrelevant to the closures implementation that is in the
> trunk image, I don't really think it should stay around.
>
> Along the way, I would also remove CompiledMethod>>#createBlock:, as
> that is only ever sent from within said test.
>
> Comments?

Yes, please do. These are probably just left-overs from Anthony's
closure implementation.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [trunk] BlockClosureTest: obsolete?

Eliot Miranda-2

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Andreas Raab <[hidden email]> wrote:
Michael Haupt wrote:
Hi,

in my vile attempt to eventually make that bar go green, I noticed
(and Marcus Denker gave some hints) that BlockClosureTest is probably
not relevant any more in a closurised image.

I feel a bit bad about removing a test raising an error, but as it
seems to be irrelevant to the closures implementation that is in the
trunk image, I don't really think it should stay around.

Along the way, I would also remove CompiledMethod>>#createBlock:, as
that is only ever sent from within said test.

Comments?

Yes, please do. These are probably just left-overs from Anthony's closure implementation.

Also, FYI, last week I fixed all the bugs in the compiler that caused failures in ClosureCompilerTest & ClosureTests.  I haven't had time to attempt to integrate these but hope to soon.

Cheers,
 - Andreas

bpi

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Andreas Raab<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes, please do. These are probably just left-overs from Anthony's closure
> implementation.

that's what Marcus suggested as well.

Done that - they're gone now.

Best,