[squeak-dev] xmlrpc

ching
Hi All,

I posted this in the [NEWBIES] Mailing list and it was suggested to me to try Squeak-dev as there are more people conversant with this who would not mind a newbie question.

I am trying to understand xmlrpc with the purpose of posting to my wordpress blog using that protocol. I have loaded XMLRPC (0.2.9) from SqueakMap along with YAXO (2.2) and Kom.

I tried to trigger the xmlrpc.php functions "sayHello" and "addTwoNumbers" using

r _ proxy invokeMethod: 'sayHello' withArgs: #().
r _ proxy invokeMethod: 'addTwoNumbers' withArgs: #(1 2).

Both raised: XMLRPCFaultException:server error. requested method (sayHello/addTwoNumbers) does not exist.

I copied both functions from the /xmlrpc.php on my site.
Can anyone please help me with the proper way to use XMLRPC on Squeak?

Thanks in advance,

Ching

Re: [squeak-dev] xmlrpc

Göran Krampe
Hi!

Ching de la Serna wrote:
> Hi All,
> I posted this in the [NEWBIES] Mailing list and it was suggested to me to
> try Squeak-dev as there are more people conversant with this who would not
> mind a newbie question.

We don't mind newbie questions on squeak-dev. IMHO it is a bit
unfortunate that the existence of the beginners list might give this
impression.

We love newbie questions! :) The beginners list is a list to make it
less "frigthening" of the poster, *not* a means to keep newbies
questions away from squeak-dev. I personally would like to see more
newbie questions posted here - because frankly, we have so many lists to
track... and I keep forgetting to check the beginners list.

And having said all that, I am sorry - I haven't used XMLRPC, but
someone else can surely give you some advice.

regards, Göran

PS. IRC channel #squeak on irc.freenode.net is also a good place to ask
questions.

Re: [squeak-dev] xmlrpc

ching
Hi Goran,

Thank you for the kind message. I will try the squeak chat room. I did get some very good advice there sometime ago.

Ching

2009/9/10 Göran Krampe <[hidden email]>
Hi!