squeak images and the update stream

Ross Boylan
Is there a straightforward way to tell which updates are in a given
squeak 3.11 alpha image?  Is there a way to look at the updates one
would get from "Load Code Updates" without updating (aside from doing
and update, looking in the change set, and tossing the image)?

BTW, I'm more interested in the textual summary of the updates than the
detailed code in them.  I wandered into these topics when trying to see
if there had been updates to the Editor class since the last alpha
release.

I was going to look at the commit emails, but the version of the image
(e.g., latest update #9689) doesn't match the versions of the updates
(e.g., Tools-cmm.209.mcz).

Thanks.
Ross Boylan

Re: squeak images and the update stream

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010, Ross Boylan wrote:

> Is there a straightforward way to tell which updates are in a given
> squeak 3.11 alpha image?  Is there a way to look at the updates one
> would get from "Load Code Updates" without updating (aside from doing
> and update, looking in the change set, and tossing the image)?

Open a Monticello browser select the Trunk repositry, open it, select the
package you're interested in, select the latest version and press the
Changes button.

> BTW, I'm more interested in the textual summary of the updates than the
> detailed code in them.  I wandered into these topics when trying to see
> if there had been updates to the Editor class since the last alpha
> release.

Same as above, but press the History button instead of the Changes button.

Levente

> I was going to look at the commit emails, but the version of the image
> (e.g., latest update #9689) doesn't match the versions of the updates
> (e.g., Tools-cmm.209.mcz).
>
> Thanks.
> Ross Boylan

Re: squeak images and the update stream

Bert Freudenberg
On 13.03.2010, at 22:11, Ross Boylan wrote:

> Is there a straightforward way to tell which updates are in a given
> squeak 3.11 alpha image?  Is there a way to look at the updates one
> would get from "Load Code Updates" without updating (aside from doing
> and update, looking in the change set, and tossing the image)?
>
> BTW, I'm more interested in the textual summary of the updates than the
> detailed code in them.  I wandered into these topics when trying to see
> if there had been updates to the Editor class since the last alpha
> release.
>
> I was going to look at the commit emails, but the version of the image
> (e.g., latest update #9689) doesn't match the versions of the updates
> (e.g., Tools-cmm.209.mcz).

Hmm, good point.

The update number is just the sum of all package versions. It's not trivial to relate that to a specific commit ...

- Bert -