squeak map problems

Miron Brezuleanu
Hello,

I'm trying to download GLORP from SqueakMap and the contents of the
sar file are in fact a small html with a login form, not zipped
content as Squeak seems to expect.

I tried getting a new password from SqueakMap (why do I need an
account to download something? - I thought accounts were used for
publishing) and the "random one-time password" email I get has no
actual password in it. :-)

I am using the 3.10gamma.7159 image with the 3.10 VM, but I doubt the
issue is related to my local setup.

What's going on?

Many thanks,
--
Miron Brezuleanu

Re: squeak map problems

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 1/3/08 4:16 AM, "Miron Brezuleanu" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> I am using the 3.10gamma.7159 image with the 3.10 VM, but I doubt the
> issue is related to my local setup.
>
> What's going on?
Miron:

Well , this is the situation.
In 3.10, the preferred form of load things is Universes, not SqueakMap.
SqueakMap is on the image only because some people don't let me rip more the
image.
As I said in this list, if you don't have you XYZ package ( GLORP  in your
case) in Universes, better you wait the owner or author of the package (as
listed in SqueakMap) , actualize his work .
SqueakMap have the advantage you always could look at packages outside
Squeak with your regular web browser , like Firefox.
Again , if Squeakmap info don't said very clear your wished package is "3.10
tested" or "run in 3.10" or some like this, you must wait or try at your
risk.

Edgar

swapMouseButton?

Kent Loobey
I want to swap my mouse buttons around so that the

left      button  is   red    button (world)
middle wheel   is   blue   button (morphic halo)
right    button  is   yellow button (contextual menu)

How can I do this?

I am using Squeak 3.8full on GNU/Linux Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon (7.10).

Thanks.

Re: swapMouseButton?

Robert F. Scheer-2
Kent,

Go to the Preferences Browser and pick the General tab and toggle the
swapMouseButtons item (I think that's what it's called).

Another way to find this out is to read "Squeak By Example" which is
easily found from the squeak.org site.

- Robert

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 21:04 -0800, Kent Loobey wrote:

> I want to swap my mouse buttons around so that the
>
> left      button  is   red    button (world)
> middle wheel   is   blue   button (morphic halo)
> right    button  is   yellow button (contextual menu)
>
> How can I do this?
>
> I am using Squeak 3.8full on GNU/Linux Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon (7.10).
>
> Thanks.

Re: swapMouseButton?

Kent Loobey
On Thursday 03 January 2008 21:41:08 Robert F. Scheer wrote:
> Kent,
>
> Go to the Preferences Browser and pick the General tab and toggle the
> swapMouseButtons item (I think that's what it's called).

I don't know how to find the "Preferences Browser".

"Squeak By Example" says that World->Open->General exists but in World->Open I
don't find a "preference browser" or a "general" entry.

> Another way to find this out is to read "Squeak By Example" which is
> easily found from the squeak.org site.

I have been using "Squeak By Example" as a reference.

> - Robert
>
> On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 21:04 -0800, Kent Loobey wrote:
> > I want to swap my mouse buttons around so that the
> >
> > left      button  is   red    button (world)
> > middle wheel   is   blue   button (morphic halo)
> > right    button  is   yellow button (contextual menu)
> >
> > How can I do this?
> >
> > I am using Squeak 3.8full on GNU/Linux Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon (7.10).
> >
> > Thanks.

Re: swapMouseButton?

Robert F. Scheer-2
Kent,

Use your right mouse button instead of the left one to open a larger
menu titled "World".  That has it.

After swapping mouse buttons, then you'd use the left button to get back
to that menu.

Just explore all the buttons, menus, flaps and browsers.

- Robert

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 21:44 -0800, Kent Loobey wrote:

> On Thursday 03 January 2008 21:41:08 Robert F. Scheer wrote:
> > Kent,
> >
> > Go to the Preferences Browser and pick the General tab and toggle the
> > swapMouseButtons item (I think that's what it's called).
>
> I don't know how to find the "Preferences Browser".
>
> "Squeak By Example" says that World->Open->General exists but in World->Open I
> don't find a "preference browser" or a "general" entry.
>

> > Another way to find this out is to read "Squeak By Example" which is
> > easily found from the squeak.org site.
>
> I have been using "Squeak By Example" as a reference.
>

> > - Robert
> >
> > On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 21:04 -0800, Kent Loobey wrote:
> > > I want to swap my mouse buttons around so that the
> > >
> > > left      button  is   red    button (world)
> > > middle wheel   is   blue   button (morphic halo)
> > > right    button  is   yellow button (contextual menu)
> > >
> > > How can I do this?
> > >
> > > I am using Squeak 3.8full on GNU/Linux Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon (7.10).
> > >
> > > Thanks.

Re: swapMouseButton?

Scott Wallace-2
Kent,

Since you're using Squeak3.8, left-click on the desktop to get the
"world" menu, and from that menu choose "help"; you'll find
"preferences" as the third item in the resulting Help menu.

Or type "Alt-shift-P" while the desktop has keyboard focus.

HTH,

  -- Scott

On Jan 3, 2008, at 10:20 PM, Robert F. Scheer wrote:

> Kent,
>
> Use your right mouse button instead of the left one to open a larger
> menu titled "World".  That has it.
>
> After swapping mouse buttons, then you'd use the left button to get
> back
> to that menu.
>
> Just explore all the buttons, menus, flaps and browsers.
>
> - Robert
>

> On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 21:44 -0800, Kent Loobey wrote:
>> On Thursday 03 January 2008 21:41:08 Robert F. Scheer wrote:
>>> Kent,
>>>
>>> Go to the Preferences Browser and pick the General tab and toggle
>>> the
>>> swapMouseButtons item (I think that's what it's called).
>>
>> I don't know how to find the "Preferences Browser".
>>
>> "Squeak By Example" says that World->Open->General exists but in
>> World->Open I
>> don't find a "preference browser" or a "general" entry.
>>

>>> Another way to find this out is to read "Squeak By Example" which is
>>> easily found from the squeak.org site.
>>
>> I have been using "Squeak By Example" as a reference.
>>

>>> - Robert

OBMultipleSelectionBrowser dragging methods

Ch Lamprecht
Hello,

playing with 3.10 beta #7159 I found that OBMultipleSelectionBrowser does not
allow methods to be dragged.
I might be missing something, but to me it seems, that in

OBPluggableListMorphOfMany>>mouseDown

mouseDown: evt
        | selectors row oldIndex oldVal |
        evt yellowButtonPressed  "First check for option (menu) click"
                ifTrue: [^ self yellowButtonActivity: evt shiftPressed].
        row _ self rowAtLocation: evt position.
        row = 0  ifTrue: [^super mouseDown: evt].
        "self dragEnabled ifTrue: [aMorph highlightForMouseDown]."

        model okToChange ifFalse: [^ self].  "No change if model is locked"

        self mouseDownRow: row.
[rest snipped]

adding the last line here fixes the problem. I have no experience at all so I
might well be overlooking some undesirable side effects...

Christoph

Re: swapMouseButton?

Bert Freudenberg

On Jan 4, 2008, at 6:04 , Kent Loobey wrote:

> I want to swap my mouse buttons around so that the
>
> left      button  is   red    button (world)
> middle wheel   is   blue   button (morphic halo)
> right    button  is   yellow button (contextual menu)
>
> How can I do this?
>
> I am using Squeak 3.8full on GNU/Linux Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon (7.10).

Make a script that runs Squeak like this:

squeak -vm-display-X11 -swapbtn my.image

- Bert -

Re: swapMouseButton?

Kent Loobey
On Thursday 03 January 2008 22:48:32 Scott Wallace wrote:
> Kent,
>
> Since you're using Squeak3.8, left-click on the desktop to get the
> "world" menu, and from that menu choose "help"; you'll find
> "preferences" as the third item in the resulting Help menu.

Thank you.
That did the trick.

Re: squeak map problems

NorbertHartl

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 09:16 +0200, Miron Brezuleanu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to download GLORP from SqueakMap and the contents of the
> sar file are in fact a small html with a login form, not zipped
> content as Squeak seems to expect.
>
> I tried getting a new password from SqueakMap (why do I need an
> account to download something? - I thought accounts were used for
> publishing) and the "random one-time password" email I get has no
> actual password in it. :-)
>
> I am using the 3.10gamma.7159 image with the 3.10 VM, but I doubt the
> issue is related to my local setup.
>
> What's going on?

Oh, that was my fault. Doing the last release I copied the URL for
download from an improper place. The URL you got is only valid if
you logged into my account :) I fixed it a few seconds ago.

I hope it works now. Please drop me note if doesn't work. You can
get the package also from

http://selfish.org/files/st/

Norbert

Re: squeak map problems

NorbertHartl
Hi,

please don't forget to reply to the list as well. These
discussions are valuable for others if they have the
chance to be archived.

On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 13:44 +0200, Miron Brezuleanu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for your reply - I have managed to download GLORP from Universes.

The universe entry loads the package from my server not from squeakmap.

> SqueakMap still doesn't work on the image where I tried it first  and
> neither on a *fresh* 3.10 gamma 7159 image with the 3.10 VM. It works
> on a fresh copy of Ramon Leon's image, though (taken from
> http://onsmalltalk.com/my-squeak-image/).
>
> The difference I can see between Ramon's image and the others is that
> on his image I can't update the squeakmap map, which I can do on the
> other variants. So maybe that image has an old and good url?

This only would make sense if Ramon's image would have a cached squeak-
map with Glorp version 0.4.129. Every other combination IMHO can't
 work.
> I'm a beginner, sorry I can't provide more detailed (or meaningful) information.

Hmmm, I changed the url in the package to point to a proper destination.
I did a fresh install of a 3.9 image. I opened squeakmap and reloaded
the map. The map reflects my change I've done two hours ago. But the
install action seems to try to load from the old URL which still leads
to the login form. The URL which is now in the map is correct but the
install fails. I'll monitor this.

Norbert