squeak on sharp zaurus

David Brooks-4
Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie to linux, but I got my hands on a sharp zaurus pda, running OpenZaurus... linux 2.6 with Opie.

I'd really like to run Squeak on this thing, but I have never done anything like cross-compiling before. I was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

--David

Re: squeak on sharp zaurus

Yoshiki Ohshima
  David,

> Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie to linux, but I got my hands on a sharp zaurus pda, running OpenZaurus... linux 2.6 with Opie.
>
> I'd really like to run Squeak on this thing, but I have never done anything like cross-compiling before. I was just
> wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

  As Torsten has written, there is a VM on:

http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/squeak-zaurus-e.html

but I don't think it runs "as is" on OpenZaurus.  Torsten should have
modified VM that may run.

-- Yoshiki