squeak twexter?

duke crawford-2
hi i'm a non programmer who wants to learn to program
because i wanna make http://twext.cc/go/twexter work

php has lots of developers and we have some existing
php code to start with, but maybe squeak is better?
* squeak sounds simpler
* maybe easier to learn
* maybe easier to work with
* http://wiki.laptop.org/go/WiXi#scratch

i got here because i saw an article i liked:
http://onsmalltalk.com/programming/smalltalk/simple-image-based-persistence-in-squeak/
which may be a way to avoid mysql
mysql looks really really hard to me..

my dream is distribute/find/modify/share twext data
in some kinda flexible machine readable and
very *human* readable flat file system:
http://twext.cc/go/18#.twx

first things first, my basic question is this:
would squeak be a good way to get text twext?
DEMO: http://twext.cc/twexter
CODE: http://twexter.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/twexter/twexter-basic/

if yes, is there anyone i can pay to help me
get twext with squeak?  thanks!!

Re: squeak twexter?

Marcin Tustin
OK, take a deep breath. You're likely to need the help of someone who knows how to programme well, and who isn't going to be dogmatic about your choices of technology, and who can help you break this project down.

Secondly, you need to learn to programme before you can really write a programme. Then, to write it well, you're like to need to re-write it (unless it's quite simple and you're a very good software developer).

So, I would recommend this as a place to start with squeak: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de%2Fseaside%2Ftutorial&ei=dDeOR9GEBpfuwwGxntyCBg&usg=AFQjCNFKoc3tTMb2Wm0BeajcrXwKeaskMw&sig2=L8JYcA_IZLUr4OpTw_RU7Q

After that, try doing something similar, or relevant to twext, in php, with a php tutorial.

Good luck!