squeakland website translation tasks

Timothy Falconer-3
Hi everyone,

I've added three tasks to the Squeakland tracker to help us as we
translate all of the content on the Squeakland website into every
language we know.

There's essentially three kinds of text that need translating:

RESOURCE FILE TEXT ... http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-480 ...
sounds like we'll be putting this in Pootle

DATABASE TEXT ... http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-481

HARDWIRED TEXT ... http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-482

Let's start by collecting and translating everything, putting things
into the tracker attached to these issues.

Hopefully we should go live with multiple languages before the Etoys 4
release on October 21st.

Take care,
Tim

Re: squeakland website translation tasks

Korakurider-2
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 5:35 AM, Timothy Falconer
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've added three tasks to the Squeakland tracker to help us as we translate
> all of the content on the Squeakland website into every language we know.
>
> There's essentially three kinds of text that need translating:
>
> RESOURCE FILE TEXT ... http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-480 ...
> sounds like we'll be putting this in Pootle
>
> DATABASE TEXT ... http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-481
>
> HARDWIRED TEXT ... http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-482
>

> Let's start by collecting and translating everything, putting things into
> the tracker attached to these issues.

   I imagine we will continuously maintain those stuff.  (we have seen
recent last minutes changes on UI stuff :-)
   While attaching files to tickets might be straightforward **at this
time**,  it would make upcoming work confusing.
   It should be great if you set up public accessible  repository to
host your template and translated stuff.   And if we use pootle,
having repository at back end is very effective ...

/Korakurider