ssl support

NorbertHartl
Hi,

is there a usable ssl support for squeak. I'm trying
to use the Cryptography package to access a https
monticello URL but I've no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance,

Norbert

RE: ssl support

Ramon Leon-5
> Hi,
>
> is there a usable ssl support for squeak. I'm trying to use
> the Cryptography package to access a https monticello URL but
> I've no luck.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks in advance,
>
> Norbert

Most easily done by having Apache in front, accepting ssl connections, and
proxying to squeak on standard http on localhost.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

RE: ssl support

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi Norbert,

I just had a look at the package to make sure it was working properly.  We
had an error sneak in and it keeps popping its head up.  I just released a
new version of Cryptography-Core which should fix the problem.

I am using our Squeak-SSL package as a client and a server and it is working
very well.  The package can also connect and retrieve contents from other
SSL sites.

Please let me know if you have any other problems or if you would like to
give me more information about the problem you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Ron Teitelbaum
Squeak Cryptography Team Leader

> From: Norbert Hartl
>
> Hi,
>
> is there a usable ssl support for squeak. I'm trying
> to use the Cryptography package to access a https
> monticello URL but I've no luck.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks in advance,
>
> Norbert

RE: ssl support

NorbertHartl
On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 12:23 -0400, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:
> Hi Norbert,
>
> I just had a look at the package to make sure it was working properly.  We
> had an error sneak in and it keeps popping its head up.  I just released a
> new version of Cryptography-Core which should fix the problem.

> I am using our Squeak-SSL package as a client and a server and it is working
> very well.  The package can also connect and retrieve contents from other
> SSL sites.
>
> Please let me know if you have any other problems or if you would like to
> give me more information about the problem you are experiencing.

Hi,

I installed the new packages from monticello and I can retrieve
the example URLs in the SSL Workspace. But I can't retrieve any
from my own web server. I even tried the SSL URL from my home
banking site and this doesn't work either. I can retrieve these
sites with wget without any problems. This looks very strange.
I recognized that your example URLs are all served by IIS and
IBM HTTP Server. Do you have an apache URL which should work?

I don't have a glue what information I can provide to show
the problem. But you can try to get anything from
https://home.selfish.org

Norbert