stackedVerticallyArrangement vs. two separate panes

stackedVerticallyArrangement vs. two separate panes

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I want to have two presentations stacked vertically, which present different aspects of the same object. I used `a stackedVerticallyArrangement`, but I want them to be a) different initial sizes and b) have a draggable splitter in between, but this doesn't seem possible. So my questions are:
1. Do I need to use two separate panes?
2. What is the use case for #stackedVerticallyArrangement? I.e. how does it differ from using two panes?

Thanks!
Cheers,
Sean

Re: stackedVerticallyArrangement vs. two separate panes

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

The rendering of the stacked vertical alignment is rather limited and it will not work for your purpose. Perhaps you can build another alignment.

If you use two presentations on the same pane, they will both use the same #entity as input and will react to #selection and other ports. If you put them in different panes, you would have to deal with the synchronization between those panes through transmissions.

Cheers,
Doru

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want to have two presentations stacked vertically, which present different
aspects of the same object. I used `a stackedVerticallyArrangement`, but I
want them to be a) different initial sizes and b) have a draggable splitter
in between, but this doesn't seem possible. So my questions are:
1. Do I need to use two separate panes?
2. What is the use case for #stackedVerticallyArrangement? I.e. how does it
differ from using two panes?

Thanks!

-----
Cheers,