status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Dale,

I was wondering what the status of GLASS 1.0-beta.9 was and if there are issues preventing it from being released? (other than the issue list you attached to it).
The reason for me asking is that I want to roll out Zinc 1.7 into production in the near future and the Gemstone version of Zinc has this particular GLASS version as a prerequisite.

I have not yet verified in depth, but it seems most changes from 1.0-beta.8.4 are related to the Metacello preview version?

best regards,
Johan

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Dale Henrichs
Johan,

If you are comfortable with the changes in 1.0-beta.9, I can certainly snap off a release, especially if you plan to go into production with Zinc.

I made some additional changes this morning (to fix an introduced bug), but I can hold off any more additions and start running on the test on the various versions and then snap it off ...

Dale

| I was wondering what the status of GLASS 1.0-beta.9 was and if there are
| issues preventing it from being released? (other than the issue list you
| attached to it).
| The reason for me asking is that I want to roll out Zinc 1.7 into production
| in the near future and the Gemstone version of Zinc has this particular
| GLASS version as a prerequisite.
|
| I have not yet verified in depth, but it seems most changes from 1.0-beta.8.4
| are related to the Metacello preview version?
|
| best regards,
| Johan

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Johan Brichau-2
Dale,

That would be great.
I've been testing with beta-9 on my local machine for a couple of weeks now.
After some more extensive testing this week, I feel comfortable with it.

The Zinc 2.7 version on Gemstone2.4 seems to run just fine too.

All great ;-)

Johan

On 24 Feb 2013, at 21:15, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Johan,
>
> If you are comfortable with the changes in 1.0-beta.9, I can certainly snap off a release, especially if you plan to go into production with Zinc.
>
> I made some additional changes this morning (to fix an introduced bug), but I can hold off any more additions and start running on the test on the various versions and then snap it off ...
>
> Dale

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Dale Henrichs
Johan,

I've started testing and there will be a few minor mods to ensure that tests are all passing for 1.0-beta-9. Will also include snapping off versions ofdependent packges as well ...

You mention Zinc 2.7, but I'm curious where Zinc2.7 is coming from ... I've seen Zinc 1.7 up on the github repository[1], but not 2.7... If you are referring to the github repo, I'll tag the current release (with your test bugfix merged in?) so that you'll have stable point (you can refer to the tag mane in the repository path)..

Dale

[1] https://github.com/glassdb/zinc
| I've been testing with beta-9 on my local machine for a couple of weeks now.
| After some more extensive testing this week, I feel comfortable with it.
|
| The Zinc 2.7 version on Gemstone2.4 seems to run just fine too.
|
| All great ;-)
|
| Johan
|
| On 24 Feb 2013, at 21:15, Dale Henrichs wrote:
|
| > Johan,
| >
| > If you are comfortable with the changes in 1.0-beta.9, I can certainly snap
| > off a release, especially if you plan to go into production with Zinc.
| >
| > I made some additional changes this morning (to fix an introduced bug), but
| > I can hold off any more additions and start running on the test on the
| > various versions and then snap it off ...
| >
| > Dale

| > |
| > | Hi Dale,
| > |
| > | I was wondering what the status of GLASS 1.0-beta.9 was and if there are
| > | issues preventing it from being released? (other than the issue list you
| > | attached to it).
| > | The reason for me asking is that I want to roll out Zinc 1.7 into
| > | production
| > | in the near future and the Gemstone version of Zinc has this particular
| > | GLASS version as a prerequisite.
| > |
| > | I have not yet verified in depth, but it seems most changes from
| > | 1.0-beta.8.4
| > | are related to the Metacello preview version?
| > |
| > | best regards,
| > | Johan

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Dale,

It was a typo. I am referring to Zinc 1.7

Thanks for the effort!
Johan

On 25 Feb 2013, at 22:15, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Johan,
>
> I've started testing and there will be a few minor mods to ensure that tests are all passing for 1.0-beta-9. Will also include snapping off versions ofdependent packges as well ...
>
> You mention Zinc 2.7, but I'm curious where Zinc2.7 is coming from ... I've seen Zinc 1.7 up on the github repository[1], but not 2.7... If you are referring to the github repo, I'll tag the current release (with your test bugfix merged in?) so that you'll have stable point (you can refer to the tag mane in the repository path)..
>
> Dale
>
> [1] https://github.com/glassdb/zinc

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Dale,

I noticed you are upgrading configurations and versions to snap of this release.

Until recently, I always had a load problem when loading the MetacelloPreview which I could correct by loading the FileTree package.
The problem is a DNU sent is the following method:

        methodSelectorFor: source
    ^ ChangeList parseSelector: source

        No method was found for the selector #'parseSelector:' when sent to
        ChangeList

I mentioned this load problem here too: https://github.com/glassdb/zinc/issues/38
By loading the FileTree 1.0 version, the #parseSelector method was added and I could load projects from github again.

However, since version 1.0.1 of FileTree (perhaps combined with the new metacello configuration published just yesterday) I am unable to circumvent the load problem.
It's easily reproducible by starting from a fresh glass extent (glass 8.4 or glass 9) and loading the MetacelloPreview.

Johan

On 25 Feb 2013, at 22:15, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Johan,
>
> I've started testing and there will be a few minor mods to ensure that tests are all passing for 1.0-beta-9. Will also include snapping off versions ofdependent packges as well ...
>
> You mention Zinc 2.7, but I'm curious where Zinc2.7 is coming from ... I've seen Zinc 1.7 up on the github repository[1], but not 2.7... If you are referring to the github repo, I'll tag the current release (with your test bugfix merged in?) so that you'll have stable point (you can refer to the tag mane in the repository path)..
>
> Dale
>
> [1] https://github.com/glassdb/zinc

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Dale Henrichs
Johan,

This new problem has to do with the fact that FileTree 1.0.1 is required for GemStone 3.x and the fact that I intend to have GLASS 1.0-beta.9 use FileTree 1.0.1 for both GemStone 2.x and GemStone 3.x.

The code to support FileTree 1.0.1 in GemStone 2.x is in the process of being ported to GemStone. Actually I'm at the point where I'm trying to get all of the tests to be green and that process has taken longer and turned out to be more complicated dependency-wise than I had hoped ...

If you bear with me a couple of more days I'll have GLASS 1.0-beta.9 released and the issues should be resolved:)

Dale

| I noticed you are upgrading configurations and versions to snap of this
| release.
|
| Until recently, I always had a load problem when loading the MetacelloPreview
| which I could correct by loading the FileTree package.
| The problem is a DNU sent is the following method:
|
| methodSelectorFor: source
|     ^ ChangeList parseSelector: source
|
| No method was found for the selector #'parseSelector:' when sent to
| ChangeList
|
| I mentioned this load problem here too:
| https://github.com/glassdb/zinc/issues/38
| By loading the FileTree 1.0 version, the #parseSelector method was added and
| I could load projects from github again.
|
| However, since version 1.0.1 of FileTree (perhaps combined with the new
| metacello configuration published just yesterday) I am unable to circumvent
| the load problem.
| It's easily reproducible by starting from a fresh glass extent (glass 8.4 or
| glass 9) and loading the MetacelloPreview.
|
| Johan
|
| On 25 Feb 2013, at 22:15, Dale Henrichs wrote:
|
| > Johan,
| >
| > I've started testing and there will be a few minor mods to ensure that
| > tests are all passing for 1.0-beta-9. Will also include snapping off
| > versions ofdependent packges as well ...
| >
| > You mention Zinc 2.7, but I'm curious where Zinc2.7 is coming from ... I've
| > seen Zinc 1.7 up on the github repository[1], but not 2.7... If you are
| > referring to the github repo, I'll tag the current release (with your test
| > bugfix merged in?) so that you'll have stable point (you can refer to the
| > tag mane in the repository path)..
| >
| > Dale
| >
| > [1] https://github.com/glassdb/zinc
| > |
| > | That would be great.
| > | I've been testing with beta-9 on my local machine for a couple of weeks
| > | now.
| > | After some more extensive testing this week, I feel comfortable with it.
| > |
| > | The Zinc 2.7 version on Gemstone2.4 seems to run just fine too.
| > |
| > | All great ;-)
| > |
| > | Johan
| > |
| > | On 24 Feb 2013, at 21:15, Dale Henrichs wrote:
| > |

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > |

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Johan Brichau-2
Dale,

Let me know if I can do anything to help.

ps: I submitted a patch to metacello on the google issue tracker regarding problems with the /tmp/github.zip downloads. I had the impression that that was still the place to do so for Metacello itself. Is that correct or is the metacello-work repo on github the place for all things metacello?

On 01 Mar 2013, at 18:54, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Johan,
>
> This new problem has to do with the fact that FileTree 1.0.1 is required for GemStone 3.x and the fact that I intend to have GLASS 1.0-beta.9 use FileTree 1.0.1 for both GemStone 2.x and GemStone 3.x.
>
> The code to support FileTree 1.0.1 in GemStone 2.x is in the process of being ported to GemStone. Actually I'm at the point where I'm trying to get all of the tests to be green and that process has taken longer and turned out to be more complicated dependency-wise than I had hoped ...
>
> If you bear with me a couple of more days I'll have GLASS 1.0-beta.9 released and the issues should be resolved:)
>
> Dale

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Dale Henrichs
Johan,

Thanks for the offer, but it's just a matter of me grinding through the issues ... metacello-work is the place for bugs ... especially preview bugs ... I don't recall seeing the google metacello bug in email, so I will have to go find it and take a look ...

Dale

| Let me know if I can do anything to help.
|
| ps: I submitted a patch to metacello on the google issue tracker regarding
| problems with the /tmp/github.zip downloads. I had the impression that that
| was still the place to do so for Metacello itself. Is that correct or is the
| metacello-work repo on github the place for all things metacello?
|
| On 01 Mar 2013, at 18:54, Dale Henrichs wrote:
|
| > Johan,
| >
| > This new problem has to do with the fact that FileTree 1.0.1 is required
| > for GemStone 3.x and the fact that I intend to have GLASS 1.0-beta.9 use
| > FileTree 1.0.1 for both GemStone 2.x and GemStone 3.x.
| >
| > The code to support FileTree 1.0.1 in GemStone 2.x is in the process of
| > being ported to GemStone. Actually I'm at the point where I'm trying to
| > get all of the tests to be green and that process has taken longer and
| > turned out to be more complicated dependency-wise than I had hoped ...
| >
| > If you bear with me a couple of more days I'll have GLASS 1.0-beta.9
| > released and the issues should be resolved:)
| >
| > Dale

| > |
| > | I noticed you are upgrading configurations and versions to snap of this
| > | release.
| > |
| > | Until recently, I always had a load problem when loading the
| > | MetacelloPreview
| > | which I could correct by loading the FileTree package.
| > | The problem is a DNU sent is the following method:
| > |
| > | methodSelectorFor: source
| > |     ^ ChangeList parseSelector: source
| > |
| > | No method was found for the selector #'parseSelector:' when sent to
| > | ChangeList
| > |
| > | I mentioned this load problem here too:
| > | https://github.com/glassdb/zinc/issues/38
| > | By loading the FileTree 1.0 version, the #parseSelector method was added
| > | and
| > | I could load projects from github again.
| > |
| > | However, since version 1.0.1 of FileTree (perhaps combined with the new
| > | metacello configuration published just yesterday) I am unable to
| > | circumvent
| > | the load problem.
| > | It's easily reproducible by starting from a fresh glass extent (glass 8.4
| > | or
| > | glass 9) and loading the MetacelloPreview.
| > |
| > | Johan
| > |
| > | On 25 Feb 2013, at 22:15, Dale Henrichs wrote:
| > |

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > |
| > |

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Dale Henrichs
Oh, I see that this is a relatively recent bug report ... jeez, google keeps changing the mail settings out from under me ... mail is supposed to be forwarded to the metacello group and I am supposed to get copies in my personal mail but neither happened in this case ... they probably sent mail to my gmail address about resetting their policy ... of course the gmail mail is supposed to be forwarded to my vmware account and they probably diddled that one as well ... another reason for using github:(

Dale

| Thanks for the offer, but it's just a matter of me grinding through the
| issues ... metacello-work is the place for bugs ... especially preview bugs
| ... I don't recall seeing the google metacello bug in email, so I will have
| to go find it and take a look ...
|
| Dale

| |
| | Dale,
| |
| | Let me know if I can do anything to help.
| |
| | ps: I submitted a patch to metacello on the google issue tracker regarding
| | problems with the /tmp/github.zip downloads. I had the impression that that
| | was still the place to do so for Metacello itself. Is that correct or is
| | the
| | metacello-work repo on github the place for all things metacello?
| |
| | On 01 Mar 2013, at 18:54, Dale Henrichs wrote:
| |
| | > Johan,
| | >
| | > This new problem has to do with the fact that FileTree 1.0.1 is required
| | > for GemStone 3.x and the fact that I intend to have GLASS 1.0-beta.9 use
| | > FileTree 1.0.1 for both GemStone 2.x and GemStone 3.x.
| | >
| | > The code to support FileTree 1.0.1 in GemStone 2.x is in the process of
| | > being ported to GemStone. Actually I'm at the point where I'm trying to
| | > get all of the tests to be green and that process has taken longer and
| | > turned out to be more complicated dependency-wise than I had hoped ...
| | >
| | > If you bear with me a couple of more days I'll have GLASS 1.0-beta.9
| | > released and the issues should be resolved:)
| | >
| | > Dale

| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |

| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |

| | > | > | > |
| | > | > | > |
| | > | > | > |
| | > | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > |
| |

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Dale Henrichs
Johan,

I see that this is a pretty critical problem, so I plan to fix it very soon, however, I'm going to address your GLASS loading issues first, then circle back around to metacello and fix that bug, then get back on track to release 1.0-beta.9:)

BTW, the metacello google code project simply lost the setting to forward mail, don't know when or why:(

Dale

| Oh, I see that this is a relatively recent bug report ... jeez, google keeps
| changing the mail settings out from under me ... mail is supposed to be
| forwarded to the metacello group and I am supposed to get copies in my
| personal mail but neither happened in this case ... they probably sent mail
| to my gmail address about resetting their policy ... of course the gmail
| mail is supposed to be forwarded to my vmware account and they probably
| diddled that one as well ... another reason for using github:(
|
| Dale

| |
| | Thanks for the offer, but it's just a matter of me grinding through the
| | issues ... metacello-work is the place for bugs ... especially preview bugs
| | ... I don't recall seeing the google metacello bug in email, so I will have
| | to go find it and take a look ...
| |
| | Dale
| |
| | |
| | | Dale,
| | |
| | | Let me know if I can do anything to help.
| | |
| | | ps: I submitted a patch to metacello on the google issue tracker
| | | regarding
| | | problems with the /tmp/github.zip downloads. I had the impression that
| | | that
| | | was still the place to do so for Metacello itself. Is that correct or is
| | | the
| | | metacello-work repo on github the place for all things metacello?
| | |
| | | On 01 Mar 2013, at 18:54, Dale Henrichs wrote:
| | |

| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |

| | | > | > |
| | | > | > |
| | | > | > |
| | | > | > |
| | | > | > |
| | | > | > |
| | | > | > |

| | | > | > | > |
| | | > | > | > |
| | | > | > | > |
| | | > | > | > |
| | | > | > |
| | | > |
| | |
| |

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Dale Henrichs
Johan,

The parseSelector: issue should be resolved now ... please let me know if you run into another issue ... I've got another sidetrack that I need to take: use builderCI for GemStone/S builds on travis CI ... As I look at how many different GemStone/S versions I must test GLASS 1.0-beta.9 against, I've decided to bite the bullet and get GemStone/s running on travis CI ... Tim Felgentreff has already got things working for MagLev, so I think it should be very straight forward and OH SO USEFUL ...

Dale

| I noticed you are upgrading configurations and versions to snap of this
| release.
|
| Until recently, I always had a load problem when loading the MetacelloPreview
| which I could correct by loading the FileTree package.
| The problem is a DNU sent is the following method:
|
| methodSelectorFor: source
|     ^ ChangeList parseSelector: source
|
| No method was found for the selector #'parseSelector:' when sent to
| ChangeList
|
| I mentioned this load problem here too:
| https://github.com/glassdb/zinc/issues/38
| By loading the FileTree 1.0 version, the #parseSelector method was added and
| I could load projects from github again.
|
| However, since version 1.0.1 of FileTree (perhaps combined with the new
| metacello configuration published just yesterday) I am unable to circumvent
| the load problem.
| It's easily reproducible by starting from a fresh glass extent (glass 8.4 or
| glass 9) and loading the MetacelloPreview.
|
| Johan
|
| On 25 Feb 2013, at 22:15, Dale Henrichs wrote:
|
| > Johan,
| >
| > I've started testing and there will be a few minor mods to ensure that
| > tests are all passing for 1.0-beta-9. Will also include snapping off
| > versions ofdependent packges as well ...
| >
| > You mention Zinc 2.7, but I'm curious where Zinc2.7 is coming from ... I've
| > seen Zinc 1.7 up on the github repository[1], but not 2.7... If you are
| > referring to the github repo, I'll tag the current release (with your test
| > bugfix merged in?) so that you'll have stable point (you can refer to the
| > tag mane in the repository path)..
| >
| > Dale
| >
| > [1] https://github.com/glassdb/zinc
| > |
| > | That would be great.
| > | I've been testing with beta-9 on my local machine for a couple of weeks
| > | now.
| > | After some more extensive testing this week, I feel comfortable with it.
| > |
| > | The Zinc 2.7 version on Gemstone2.4 seems to run just fine too.
| > |
| > | All great ;-)
| > |
| > | Johan
| > |
| > | On 24 Feb 2013, at 21:15, Dale Henrichs wrote:
| > |

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > |

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Dale,

It seems that the load of a project that puts GLASS-beta.9 as a dependency pulls in the latest FileTree version from the monticello repo again (see below).
So, after a project load, I'm hitting the parseSelector: issue again and I have to manually load the MonticelloFileTree-Core.gemstone24-dkh.92 again to make a next load work.
To verify, I left out the dependency on GLASS and it seemed to work.

--transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.7.2-baseline [ConfigurationOfNextPlan] >> preloadInGemstone'
--transcript--'Loaded -> MonticelloFileTree-Core.gemstone24-dkh.99 --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
--transcript--'Loaded -> Metacello-Base-dkh.103 --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
--transcript--'Loaded -> Metacello-Core-dkh.669 --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
--transcript--'Evaluated -> Metacello-MC >> gemstone10beta24PreLoadDoIt'
--transcript--'Loaded -> Metacello-MC-dkh.669 --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
--transcript--'Loaded -> Metacello-ToolBox-dkh.131 --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
--transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.0-beta.32 [ConfigurationOfMetacello] >> metacelloPrimeRegistry'
--transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.0-beta.32 [ConfigurationOfMetacello] >> metacelloPrimeRegistry'
--transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.0-alpha2.2 [ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader] >> postLoadLoader'
--transcript--'reinit of all NP* classes'
--transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.7.2-baseline [ConfigurationOfNextPlan] >> postloadInGemstone'
--transcript--'...finished 1.7.2-baseline'

On 01 Mar 2013, at 23:04, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Johan,
>
> The parseSelector: issue should be resolved now ... please let me know if you run into another issue ... I've got another sidetrack that I need to take: use builderCI for GemStone/S builds on travis CI ... As I look at how many different GemStone/S versions I must test GLASS 1.0-beta.9 against, I've decided to bite the bullet and get GemStone/s running on travis CI ... Tim Felgentreff has already got things working for MagLev, so I think it should be very straight forward and OH SO USEFUL ...
>
> Dale

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Dale Henrichs
Johan,

I guess I need to see more of the transcript log (that fails when GLASS is referenced) ... I don't see where the GLASS configuration is loaded (leading to incorrect loading downstream) nor do I see where any of the GemStone packages might be referenced ... Yesterday I committed a new version of the GLASS configurations that should load up the correct version of Scanner (it works for me, but then I'm loading the latest version of the )...

I guess I'd like to know which versions of each of the configurations that you are loading (GLASS, Metacello and FileTree) ...

We're either looking at a bug or stale configurations ... BTW I am not done with all of the work for releasing GLASS 1.0-beta.9 (several things on the list still for GLASS 2.x, Metacello and FileTree), but the GLASS 1.0-beta.9 configuration should have been fixed relative to GemStone 2.x...

Dale

| It seems that the load of a project that puts GLASS-beta.9 as a dependency
| pulls in the latest FileTree version from the monticello repo again (see
| below).
| So, after a project load, I'm hitting the parseSelector: issue again and I
| have to manually load the MonticelloFileTree-Core.gemstone24-dkh.92 again to
| make a next load work.
| To verify, I left out the dependency on GLASS and it seemed to work.
|
| --transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.7.2-baseline [ConfigurationOfNextPlan] >>
| preloadInGemstone'
| --transcript--'Loaded -> MonticelloFileTree-Core.gemstone24-dkh.99 ---
| http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
| --transcript--'Loaded -> Metacello-Base-dkh.103 ---
| http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
| --transcript--'Loaded -> Metacello-Core-dkh.669 ---
| http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
| --transcript--'Evaluated -> Metacello-MC >> gemstone10beta24PreLoadDoIt'
| --transcript--'Loaded -> Metacello-MC-dkh.669 ---
| http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
| --transcript--'Loaded -> Metacello-ToolBox-dkh.131 ---
| http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
| --transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.0-beta.32 [ConfigurationOfMetacello] >>
| metacelloPrimeRegistry'
| --transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.0-beta.32 [ConfigurationOfMetacello] >>
| metacelloPrimeRegistry'
| --transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.0-alpha2.2 [ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader]
| >> postLoadLoader'
| --transcript--'reinit of all NP* classes'
| --transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.7.2-baseline [ConfigurationOfNextPlan] >>
| postloadInGemstone'
| --transcript--'...finished 1.7.2-baseline'
|

| On 01 Mar 2013, at 23:04, Dale Henrichs wrote:
|
| > Johan,
| >
| > The parseSelector: issue should be resolved now ... please let me know if
| > you run into another issue ... I've got another sidetrack that I need to
| > take: use builderCI for GemStone/S builds on travis CI ... As I look at
| > how many different GemStone/S versions I must test GLASS 1.0-beta.9
| > against, I've decided to bite the bullet and get GemStone/s running on
| > travis CI ... Tim Felgentreff has already got things working for MagLev,
| > so I think it should be very straight forward and OH SO USEFUL ...
| >
| > Dale

| > |
| > | I noticed you are upgrading configurations and versions to snap of this
| > | release.
| > |
| > | Until recently, I always had a load problem when loading the
| > | MetacelloPreview
| > | which I could correct by loading the FileTree package.
| > | The problem is a DNU sent is the following method:
| > |
| > | methodSelectorFor: source
| > |     ^ ChangeList parseSelector: source
| > |
| > | No method was found for the selector #'parseSelector:' when sent to
| > | ChangeList
| > |
| > | I mentioned this load problem here too:
| > | https://github.com/glassdb/zinc/issues/38
| > | By loading the FileTree 1.0 version, the #parseSelector method was added
| > | and
| > | I could load projects from github again.
| > |
| > | However, since version 1.0.1 of FileTree (perhaps combined with the new
| > | metacello configuration published just yesterday) I am unable to
| > | circumvent
| > | the load problem.
| > | It's easily reproducible by starting from a fresh glass extent (glass 8.4
| > | or
| > | glass 9) and loading the MetacelloPreview.
| > |
| > | Johan
| > |
| > | On 25 Feb 2013, at 22:15, Dale Henrichs wrote:
| > |

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > |
| > |

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Johan Brichau-2
Dale,

Here is the full transcript of a load that I just executed.
More below is the next launch of the same load that immediately breaks.

The load is divided in two parts:

The first part ensures the presence of the MetacelloPreview using the following script (it's this one that breaks on a subsequent load).
Mind that the first part is only executed when there is no Metacello class present. But the Preview is always loaded from github first.

        |repos|
        "Only perform this load if Metacello class is not yet present"
        Smalltalk at: #Metacello ifAbsent:[
                "Get the Metacello configuration"
                Gofer new
  gemsource: 'metacello';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfMetacello';
  load.

                "Bootstrap Metacello 1.0-beta.32, using mcz files"
                repos := OrderedCollection new.
                repos add: (MCHttpRepository
                                        location: 'http://', serverName , '/gsreplication'
                                        user: Username
                                        password: Pasword).
                ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMetacello) project
  version: '1.0-beta.32') repositoryOverrides: repos; load.
        ].

        "Load the Preview version of Metacello from GitHub"
        (Smalltalk at: #Metacello) new
                configuration: 'MetacelloPreview';
                version: #stable;
  repository: 'github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:configuration';
                load.

Next, the load occurs using the MetacelloPreview api:

        (Smalltalk at: #Metacello) new
    configuration: 'NextPlan';
  version: #development;
                repository: 'http://dev.inceptive.be/nextplan-trunk';
  repositoryOverrides: (repos collect:[:r | r description]);
    onUpgrade: [:ex :existing :new |
      new baseName = 'Seaside30' ifTrue: [ ex disallow ].
      new baseName = 'ZincHTTPComponents' ifTrue: [ ex disallow ].
    ex pass];
  onDowngrade: [:ex :existing :new |
                                                new baseName = 'Seaside30' ifTrue: [ ex disallow ].
      new baseName = 'ZincHTTPComponents' ifTrue: [ ex disallow ].
      ex pass];
  load: 'NextPlan-Core'.

The transcript:

topaz 1> --transcript--'Loading 1.0.0-beta.32.3 of ConfigurationOfMetacelloPreview...'
--transcript--'Project: Metacello baseline'
--transcript--'Project: FileTree baseline'
--transcript--'Project: Gofer stable'
--transcript--' [1.0.5.1]'
--transcript--'Project: GsCore 0.247'
--transcript--'...finished 1.0.0-beta.32.3'
--transcript--'Loading 1.7.2-baseline of ConfigurationOfNextPlan...'
--transcript--'Project: Seaside30 3.0.7.1'
--transcript--'Project: Swazoo2 2.2.0.4'
--transcript--'Project: Zinc 1.1'
--transcript--'Project: FastCGI 0.235'
--transcript--'Project: Seaside30Tests 3.0.7.1'
--transcript--'Project: Swazoo2 2.2.0.4'
--transcript--'Project: Zinc 1.1'
--transcript--'Project: FastCGI 0.235'
--transcript--'Project: ZincHTTP baseline'
--transcript--'Project: GsCore 0.247'
--transcript--'Project: GsMisc 0.242'
--transcript--'Project: Core 0.247'
--transcript--'Project: XML Parser 1.0.5'
--transcript--'Project: XML-Writer 1.0.5'
--transcript--'Project: SeasideTesting 0.7'
--transcript--'Project: Seaside30 3.0.0-rc.3'
--transcript--'Project: Swazoo2 2.2.0.4'
--transcript--'Project: Zinc 1.1'
--transcript--'Project: FastCGI 0.235'
--transcript--'Project: XMLSupport 1.1.7'
--transcript--'Project: Parasol development'
--transcript--' [1.0-baseline]'
--transcript--'Project: ZincHTTP baseline'
--transcript--'Project: Seaside30 3.0.6.4'
--transcript--'Project: XMLSupport 1.2.0'
--transcript--'Project: Seaside-REST 0.22'
--transcript--'Project: Seaside 3.0.6'
--transcript--'Project: Seaside Tests 3.0.6'
--transcript--'Project: GLASS 1.0-beta.9'
--transcript--'Project: Core 0.247'
--transcript--'Project: Monticello 0.244.2'
--transcript--'Project: Core 0.247'
--transcript--'Project: Metacello 1.0-beta.32'
--transcript--'Project: FileTree 1.0.1'
--transcript--'Project: GsMonticello 0.244.2'
--transcript--'Project: Gofer 1.0.5.1'
--transcript--'Fetched -> Metacello-Base-dkh.103 --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication'
--transcript--'Fetched -> Metacello-Core-dkh.669 --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication'
--transcript--'Fetched -> Metacello-MC-dkh.669 --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication'
--transcript--'Fetched -> Metacello-ToolBox-dkh.131 --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication'
--transcript--'Project: GsCore 0.247'
--transcript--'Project: Metacello Tools 1.0-beta.32'
--transcript--'Project: FileTree 1.0.1'
--transcript--'Project: GsMonticello 0.244.2'
--transcript--'Project: Gofer 1.0.5.1'
--transcript--'Project: GsCore 0.247'
--transcript--'Project: Gofer Project Loader 1.0-alpha2.2'
--transcript--'Project: Gofer Core 1.0.2.1'
--transcript--'Project: OB 0.242.1'
--transcript--'Project: Release Support 0.242'
--transcript--'Project: Grease 1.0.7.2'
--transcript--'Project: SqueakCommon 0.9.4'
--transcript--'Fetched -> NextPlan-ImportExport-JohanBrichau.546 --- http://dev.inceptive.be/nextplan-trunk --- http://dev.inceptive.be/nextplan-trunk'
--transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.7.2-baseline [ConfigurationOfNextPlan] >> preloadInGemstone'
--transcript--'Loaded -> Metacello-Base-dkh.103 --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
--transcript--'Loaded -> Metacello-Core-dkh.669 --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
--transcript--'Evaluated -> Metacello-MC >> gemstone10beta24PreLoadDoIt'
--transcript--'Loaded -> Metacello-MC-dkh.669 --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
--transcript--'Loaded -> Metacello-ToolBox-dkh.131 --- http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
--transcript--'Starting atomic load'
--transcript--'Loaded -> NextPlan-ImportExport-JohanBrichau.546 --- http://dev.inceptive.be/nextplan-trunk --- cache'
--transcript--'Finished atomic load'
--transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.0-beta.32 [ConfigurationOfMetacello] >> metacelloPrimeRegistry'
--transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.0-beta.32 [ConfigurationOfMetacello] >> metacelloPrimeRegistry'
--transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.0-alpha2.2 [ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader] >> postLoadLoader'
--transcript--'reinit of all NP* classes'
--transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.7.2-baseline [ConfigurationOfNextPlan] >> postloadInGemstone'
--transcript--'...finished 1.7.2-baseline'
--transcript--'No instance migrations performed.'

Immediately after the above load, I relaunch and:

topaz 1> --transcript--'Loading 1.0.0-beta.32.3 of ConfigurationOfMetacelloPreview...'
--transcript--'Project: Metacello baseline'
--transcript--'Project: FileTree baseline'
--transcript--'Project: Gofer stable'
--transcript--' [1.0.5.1]'
--transcript--'...RETRY'
--transcript--'...RETRY'
GemStone: Error         Nonfatal
No method was found for the selector #'parseSelector:' when sent to
ChangeList with arguments contained in anArray( 'versionNumberClass
    ^ MetacelloVersionNumber').
Error Category: [GemStone] Number: 2010 Arg Count: 3
Arg 1: ChangeList class

On 02 Mar 2013, at 17:17, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Johan,
>
> I guess I need to see more of the transcript log (that fails when GLASS is referenced) ... I don't see where the GLASS configuration is loaded (leading to incorrect loading downstream) nor do I see where any of the GemStone packages might be referenced ... Yesterday I committed a new version of the GLASS configurations that should load up the correct version of Scanner (it works for me, but then I'm loading the latest version of the )...
>
> I guess I'd like to know which versions of each of the configurations that you are loading (GLASS, Metacello and FileTree) ...
>
> We're either looking at a bug or stale configurations ... BTW I am not done with all of the work for releasing GLASS 1.0-beta.9 (several things on the list still for GLASS 2.x, Metacello and FileTree), but the GLASS 1.0-beta.9 configuration should have been fixed relative to GemStone 2.x...
>
> Dale

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Johan Brichau-2
Dale,

About the builder tools:

We have just ported the HudsonBuilderTools to Gemstone.
It's not for Travis CI but it might be useful to you. I will put up the current code on github asap.

Johan

> I've decided to bite the bullet and get GemStone/s running on travis CI ... Tim Felgentreff has already got things working for MagLev, so I think it should be very straight forward and OH SO USEFUL ...

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Johan Brichau-2
Dale,

Got this issue fixed.

After I noticed I did not have this problem on freshly loaded extents, I started investigating the differences.
It turns out that both extents have the correct package versions loaded but that in the 'broken' extent, the method #parseSelector was removed from the Monticello package. A couple of methods on MCVersion had experienced the same faith.

I still have to figure out why this happened, but at least we know that current package versions and configurations are indeed working correctly.
Since I can reproduce the removal by loading a configuration, I'm pretty sure it wasn't an inadvertent action in gemtools :-)

Johan

On 02 Mar 2013, at 18:51, Johan Brichau wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> I guess I need to see more of the transcript log (that fails when GLASS is referenced) ... I don't see where the GLASS configuration is loaded (leading to incorrect loading downstream) nor do I see where any of the GemStone packages might be referenced ... Yesterday I committed a new version of the GLASS configurations that should load up the correct version of Scanner (it works for me, but then I'm loading the latest version of the )...
>>
>> I guess I'd like to know which versions of each of the configurations that you are loading (GLASS, Metacello and FileTree) ...
>>
>> We're either looking at a bug or stale configurations ... BTW I am not done with all of the work for releasing GLASS 1.0-beta.9 (several things on the list still for GLASS 2.x, Metacello and FileTree), but the GLASS 1.0-beta.9 configuration should have been fixed relative to GemStone 2.x...

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Dale Henrichs
Johan,

Okay ... I see that you are using the ConfigurationOfMetacelloPreview configuration here .... You were talking about trouble with GLASS 1.0-beta.9 and 1.0-beta.9 uses the ConfigurationOfMetacello so I thought the issue was in that direction ....

I think that I will need to update the ConfigurationOfMetacelloPreview to work correctly with 1.0-beta.9 and I will start diving into that today ...

> [...]

| > I guess I need to see more of the transcript log (that fails when GLASS is
| > referenced) ... I don't see where the GLASS configuration is loaded
| > (leading to incorrect loading downstream) nor do I see where any of the
| > GemStone packages might be referenced ... Yesterday I committed a new
| > version of the GLASS configurations that should load up the correct
| > version of Scanner (it works for me, but then I'm loading the latest
| > version of the )...
| >
| > I guess I'd like to know which versions of each of the configurations that
| > you are loading (GLASS, Metacello and FileTree) ...
| >
| > We're either looking at a bug or stale configurations ... BTW I am not done
| > with all of the work for releasing GLASS 1.0-beta.9 (several things on the
| > list still for GLASS 2.x, Metacello and FileTree), but the GLASS
| > 1.0-beta.9 configuration should have been fixed relative to GemStone

| > |
| > | It seems that the load of a project that puts GLASS-beta.9 as a
| > | dependency
| > | pulls in the latest FileTree version from the monticello repo again (see
| > | below).
| > | So, after a project load, I'm hitting the parseSelector: issue again and
| > | have to manually load the MonticelloFileTree-Core.gemstone24-dkh.92 again
| > | make a next load work.
| > | To verify, I left out the dependency on GLASS and it seemed to work.
| > |
| > | --transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.7.2-baseline [ConfigurationOfNextPlan] >>
| > | preloadInGemstone'
| > | --transcript--'Loaded -> MonticelloFileTree-Core.gemstone24-dkh.99 ---
| > | http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
| > | --transcript--'Loaded -> Metacello-Base-dkh.103 ---
| > | http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
| > | --transcript--'Loaded -> Metacello-Core-dkh.669 ---
| > | http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
| > | --transcript--'Evaluated -> Metacello-MC >> gemstone10beta24PreLoadDoIt'
| > | --transcript--'Loaded -> Metacello-MC-dkh.669 ---
| > | http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
| > | --transcript--'Loaded -> Metacello-ToolBox-dkh.131 ---
| > | http://dev.inceptive.be/gsreplication --- cache'
| > | --transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.0-beta.32 [ConfigurationOfMetacello] >>
| > | metacelloPrimeRegistry'
| > | --transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.0-beta.32 [ConfigurationOfMetacello] >>
| > | metacelloPrimeRegistry'
| > | --transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.0-alpha2.2
| > | [ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader]
| > | --transcript--'reinit of all NP* classes'
| > | --transcript--'Evaluated -> 1.7.2-baseline [ConfigurationOfNextPlan] >>
| > | postloadInGemstone'
| > | --transcript--'...finished 1.7.2-baseline'
| > |
| > |
| > | On 01 Mar 2013, at 23:04, Dale Henrichs wrote:
| > |

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > |
| > |

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Dale Henrichs
Cool!

I was able to get a couple of things for GemStone working in travisCI over the weekend but it would be interesting to have builderCI and HudsonBuilderTools work in concert, I would think ...

When you get it up on github let me know ...

Dale

| We have just ported the HudsonBuilderTools to Gemstone.
| It's not for Travis CI but it might be useful to you. I will put up the
| current code on github asap.
|
| Johan
|
| On 01 Mar 2013, at 23:04, Dale Henrichs wrote:
|
| > I've decided to bite the bullet and get GemStone/s running on travis CI ...
| > Tim Felgentreff has already got things working for MagLev, so I think it
| > should be very straight forward and OH SO USEFUL

Re: status of glass 1.0-beta.9 ?

Dale Henrichs
Johan,

I'm glad you've resolved your issues at this point ...

I'm pretty sure that there was a point where FileTree 1.0.1 was not configured correctly to run in GemStone2.x  ... I think 1.0.1 was introduced partly due to the fact that I had to port the latest Scanner to GemStone ... late last week, I think I addressed that particular problem ...

I think that the MetacelloPreview might be out-of-date for GemStone/S, but frankly I'm getting gemstone working on travisci so that I shouldn't have this problem moving forward ...

Right now I'm working on getting the travisCI build/tests working for gemstone and metacello ... so I should have builds setup covering the various combinations of configurations ...

Dale

> [...]
| >>
| >> I guess I need to see more of the transcript log (that fails when GLASS is
| >> referenced) ... I don't see where the GLASS configuration is loaded
| >> (leading to incorrect loading downstream) nor do I see where any of the
| >> GemStone packages might be referenced ... Yesterday I committed a new
| >> version of the GLASS configurations that should load up the correct
| >> version of Scanner (it works for me, but then I'm loading the latest
| >> version of the )...
| >>
| >> I guess I'd like to know which versions of each of the configurations that
| >> you are loading (GLASS, Metacello and FileTree) ...
| >>
| >> We're either looking at a bug or stale configurations ... BTW I am not
| >> done with all of the work for releasing GLASS 1.0-beta.9 (several things
| >> on the list still for GLASS 2.x, Metacello and FileTree), but the GLASS
| >> 1.0-beta.9 configuration should have been fixed relative to GemStone

| >> |
| >> |
| >> |
| >> |