support for displaying streaming video and audio

support for displaying streaming video and audio

Houssam Fakih
Hi all,

I would like to use squeak to build a client-side application that display media data especially streaming video and audio.
I would like to know if there is any support or any existing api in Squeak for displaying this kind of Data.

Thanks,
Houssam
--
"Le paradis touche les pieds des mères... "
>>>http://houssam.fakih.online.fr

Re: support for displaying streaming video and audio

johnmci
Likely I hear an echo, however we on the Sophie team are building an
application for book authoring which works with media data
locally or remotely

http://www.futureofthebook.org/sophie/files/sophie_beethoven_demo.mov

Although we have tested with remotely located books, we haven't
tested stream audio/video under the premise that
Quicktime on mac/windows just makes that happen, it's on my monster
sized must check someday list...

For our fallback position of using the mpeg plugin we haven't yet
restructured that to support a streaming environment,
assuming of course someone wants to pay for that, for that plugin it
either reads from a file, or a memory buffer, sorry
no streaming.

On 16-May-06, at 5:23 AM, Houssam Fakih wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to use squeak to build a client-side application that
> display media data especially streaming video and audio.
> I would like to know if there is any support or any existing api in
> Squeak for displaying this kind of Data.
>
> Thanks,
> Houssam
> --
> "Le paradis touche les pieds des mères... "

===
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]> 1-800-477-2659
===