task for squeak?

sergio t. ruiz

i am really excited about using smalltalk in some of my day to day
programming tasks.. it seems like even for quickie utility projects,
it might be a good tool ..

i have been asked to write some scripts that massage some adobe
indesign xml files and cull some information and draw some conclusions
about them..

the beauty is, it only has to read them, not write or edit them... so
the i would just slurp them up, and apply some processing to them..
and spit out some stats.. maybe to a web interface..

aside from figuring out how to get squeak to slurp up a file like this
into memory.. does squeak have good xml traversing libraries, and does
this sound like a feasible tool?

thanks!

___
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary
www.village-buzz.com

Re: task for squeak?

tblanchard
Yep, check out yaxo - good xml parser, easy to use.