the Syntax Error dialog

Alejandro Martínez
Hi. I'm trying the Damien's sq3.10-7158dev07.10.2.image with SqueakV39.sources
When I tried to update Monticello and Monticello Configuration from the Universe Browser, I get a Syntax Error dialog, it seems there's no easy way to bypass this one. And the same error dialog updating Monticello from Monticello, even tried installing MC2. Any hint on this?
I remember this could happen using the new compiler, but in the Preferences Browser there's no Compiler category to disable #compileUseNewCompiler, and BTW it's this image using the new compiler? how to check that?
Thanks

Alejandro

Re: the Syntax Error dialog

keith1y
Alejandro Martínez wrote:

> Hi. I'm trying the Damien's sq3.10-7158dev07.10.2.image with
> SqueakV39.sources
> When I tried to update Monticello and Monticello Configuration from
> the Universe Browser, I get a Syntax Error dialog, it seems there's no
> easy way to bypass this one. And the same error dialog updating
> Monticello from Monticello, even tried installing MC2. Any hint on this?
> I remember this could happen using the new compiler, but in the
> Preferences Browser there's no Compiler category to disable
> #compileUseNewCompiler, and BTW it's this image using the new
> compiler? how to check that?
> Thanks
>
> Alejandro

Could you please include the error in your mail

Without knowing what the error is, its difficult to fix whatever is
wrong in the package.

To load monitcello in now you will have to find the latest package in
the universetmp folder, unzip it, and find the source.st file and file
it in.

best regards

Keith