too many lockups! =(((

Alan Grimes-2
I've been working on my 3D chess set again. I've started working on the
model class. I've been writing some pretty hairy code to translate
between conventional 1-64 chess square index numbers and 3D coords.

I've been testing my code by running a single shot loop around it. The
loop goes from 0 to 419, testing each possible location in 3D space.

It calls one method which does some VERY simple computations on the
parameters to arrive at the index. There are no other loops is my code.
There is only one call to "indexOf" on an array of size 4.

Even though there is practically nothing going on here, there are no
running croquet sessions, THE THING STILL LOCKS UP AND CTRL-. DOES NOT
WORK!!!!

How the hell does it manage to do that? I'm not even using a custom VM
right now.... I'm running it using the Croquet.sh script with no changes.

And now I can't even save my Very Hairy Code. (tm). =(

--
Ron Paul: A man of Peace.
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.
Powers are not rights.
We did not invade Iraq, the government did.

Re: too many lockups! =(((

Joshua Gargus-2
No idea what is causing your problem, but there is a way to recover
code that you wrote but didn't get a chance to save.  Start from the
world menu, and select "changes..." then "recently logged
changes...".  You'll be able to see al the changes made since the last
snapshot.

Josh

On Apr 19, 2008, at 8:46 PM, Alan Grimes wrote:

> I've been working on my 3D chess set again. I've started working on
> the model class. I've been writing some pretty hairy code to
> translate between conventional 1-64 chess square index numbers and
> 3D coords.
>
> I've been testing my code by running a single shot loop around it.
> The loop goes from 0 to 419, testing each possible location in 3D
> space.
>
> It calls one method which does some VERY simple computations on the
> parameters to arrive at the index. There are no other loops is my
> code. There is only one call to "indexOf" on an array of size 4.
>
> Even though there is practically nothing going on here, there are no
> running croquet sessions, THE THING STILL LOCKS UP AND CTRL-. DOES
> NOT WORK!!!!
>
> How the hell does it manage to do that? I'm not even using a custom
> VM right now.... I'm running it using the Croquet.sh script with no
> changes.
>
> And now I can't even save my Very Hairy Code. (tm). =(
>

> --
> Ron Paul: A man of Peace.
> Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.
> Powers are not rights.
> We did not invade Iraq, the government did.

Re: too many lockups! =(((

Archie Maskill-2
Hi Alan -

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 4:46 AM, Alan Grimes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  Even though there is practically nothing going on here, there are no
> running croquet sessions, THE THING STILL LOCKS UP AND CTRL-. DOES NOT
> WORK!!!!

Have you tried Alt-. ?  That's the combination that throws a user
interrupt on my machine.

-- Archie