training to not have latency

1 message Options

training to not have latency

Paul Sheldon-2
I went through all soloists and style demos
in Band in the Box
having the chords light my Yamaha EZ250i guide lights
showing where the chords were I was hearing.
I have BIAB put harmony on melody on midi channel 1 and
channel 1 lights the lights.

Now my hands just know where chords are, sort of, not slowed
by words.

I got a Yamaha EZEG guitar with guide lights, but this
is harder because each string is a different midi channel
and only system exclusives light the lights.
Logic express records and plays back system exclusives,
but the midi exported doesn't go on my Yamaha to do so and
light the lights. I must train at the computer where
Logic express is installed. I train by "taking notes"
playing the music in at slow tempo and then speeding it up.

Latency may be characteristic of left brain sequential,
but right brain is more parallel.
The visual aides assist me to be immersed in the music
rather than verbalizing about it and slowed down.