[trunk][Fuel] can't serialize 'Smalltalk globals'

[trunk][Fuel] can't serialize 'Smalltalk globals'

Max Leske
I identified the issue and am working on a fix. Thanks for reporting the issue Frank.

The issue can be found here: goo.gl/uxpcS

Cheers,
Max

Re: [trunk][Fuel] can't serialize 'Smalltalk globals'

Frank Shearar-3
On 17 February 2013 20:07, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I identified the issue and am working on a fix. Thanks for reporting the
> issue Frank.
>
> The issue can be found here: goo.gl/uxpcS

That's great news, Max! Thanks!

frank

> Cheers,
> Max

Re: [trunk][Fuel] can't serialize 'Smalltalk globals'

Max Leske
I've implemented a fix for the issue which will be integrated in the next release.

Details on the issue tracker: goo.gl/uxpcS

Cheers,
Max

On 17.02.2013, at 21:31, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 17 February 2013 20:07, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I identified the issue and am working on a fix. Thanks for reporting the
>> issue Frank.
>>
>> The issue can be found here: goo.gl/uxpcS
>
> That's great news, Max! Thanks!
>
> frank
>
>> Cheers,
>> Max

Re: [trunk][Fuel] can't serialize 'Smalltalk globals'

Frank Shearar-3
That's great to hear, Max!

I've been following the conversation: so Smalltalk globals gets
treated specially, but not just any old Environment, if I understand
correctly. So even though right now noone's nesting Environments, they
could, with no fuss.

Thanks again!

frank

On 20.02.2013, at 22:52, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's great to hear, Max!
>
> I've been following the conversation: so Smalltalk globals gets
> treated specially, but not just any old Environment, if I understand
> correctly. So even though right now noone's nesting Environments, they
> could, with no fuss.

Yes, exactly. Since Environment (and SystemDictionary) are laid out to allow for (technically) multiple instances, it should be possible to serialize these instances, even though there is usually only that one instance (at least with SystemDictionary in Pharo that is the case). You never know who's using your stuff and how :)

> Thanks again!

You're welcome