trunk development

Chris Muller-3
We have a reasonable candidate image and a 4.2 release repository to
which fixes could be backported even if it that became necessary.  4.2
is not yet released, but the release activities can occur
simultaneously with new development, so I see no reason for us hold up
new trunk contributions any longer.

Please feel free to resume new development in trunk.

Re: trunk development

laza
2011/2/1 Chris Muller <[hidden email]>
and a 4.2 release repository to

On doing an "Update Squeak" I get a note with "Unable to retrieve updates from remote repository."
I guess the repo needs some update configmap.

Alex

Re: trunk development

Chris Muller-3
The release image was changed to point to the 4.2 repository, which
does not have any newer versions yet.

Go into preferences, search for "update" and change it back to "trunk"
from "squeak42".

 - Chris

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 1:39 AM, Alexander Lazarević <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2011/2/1 Chris Muller <[hidden email]>
>>
>> and a 4.2 release repository to
>
> On doing an "Update Squeak" I get a note with "Unable to retrieve updates
> from remote repository."
> I guess the repo needs some update configmap.
>
> Alex

Re: trunk development

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Tue, 1 Feb 2011, Chris Muller wrote:

> The release image was changed to point to the 4.2 repository, which
> does not have any newer versions yet.
>
> Go into preferences, search for "update" and change it back to "trunk"
> from "squeak42".

I think the problem is that the squeak42 repository doesn't contain any
configuration files (update*.mcm).

Levente

> - Chris
>
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 1:39 AM, Alexander Lazarević <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 2011/2/1 Chris Muller <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> and a 4.2 release repository to
>>
>> On doing an "Update Squeak" I get a note with "Unable to retrieve updates
>> from remote repository."
>> I guess the repo needs some update configmap.
>>
>> Alex

Re: trunk development

laza
2011/2/1 Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]>
I think the problem is that the squeak42 repository doesn't contain any configuration files (update*.mcm).

Yes, that's what I was trying to point out! :)

Alex