trunk update screwup

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi All,

    I've screwed up and somehow managed to create an update with the same number as a previous one.  You'll see in trunk update

update-eem.295.mcm
update-ul.295.mcm

and in update.spur

update.spur-eem.295.mcm
update.spur-ul.295.mcm

I don't kno how I did this but can some kind authorised soul rename
update-eem.295.mcm => update-eem.296.mcm
update.spur-eem.295.mcm => update.spur-eem.296.mcm

This is playing havoc with updates...
--
best,
Eliot

cbc

Re: trunk update screwup

cbc
>>I don't kno how I did this

It's quite easy.  You and Levante worked off of the same ancestor and committed your work.  The names mean no collision.  (or, just possibly, you overwrote the number in the title while committing - I've done that, but usually with a comment instead of a number).

In either case, I could see how it would cause update to be unhappy.  Was ul's version an ancestor of yours, or are you skipping over it?

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 10:01 AM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

    I've screwed up and somehow managed to create an update with the same number as a previous one.  You'll see in trunk update

update-eem.295.mcm
update-ul.295.mcm

and in update.spur

update.spur-eem.295.mcm
update.spur-ul.295.mcm

I don't kno how I did this but can some kind authorised soul rename
update-eem.295.mcm => update-eem.296.mcm
update.spur-eem.295.mcm => update.spur-eem.296.mcm

This is playing havoc with updates...
--
best,
Eliot

Re: trunk update screwup

Levente Uzonyi-2
Hi Eliot,

On Tue, 3 Feb 2015, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Hi All,
>     I've screwed up and somehow managed to create an update with the same number as a previous one.  You'll see in trunk update

I guess you created the new .mcm before updating your image, otherwise the
version number would have get bumped automatically.

> update-eem.295.mcm
> update-ul.295.mcm
>
> and in update.spur
>
> update.spur-eem.295.mcm
> update.spur-ul.295.mcm
>
> I don't kno how I did this but can some kind authorised soul rename
> update-eem.295.mcm => update-eem.296.mcm
> update.spur-eem.295.mcm => update.spur-eem.296.mcm
The Admins of The Trunk project are the members of the Squeak Oversight
Board group. So you should be able to log in to source.squeak.org, and if
the .mcm files are exposed to the web interface (hopefully), then you
should be able to move/delete them.
I think there's no rename feature. If so, the  the easiest way to fix this
is to reupload the eem.295 versions as eem.296, and then delete the
eem.295 ones from the web interface.

Levente

> This is playing havoc with updates...
> --
> best,Eliot

Re: trunk update screwup

Eliot Miranda-2

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 11:26 AM, Chris Cunningham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>I don't kno how I did this

It's quite easy.  You and Levante worked off of the same ancestor and committed your work.  The names mean no collision.  (or, just possibly, you overwrote the number in the title while committing - I've done that, but usually with a comment instead of a number).

In either case, I could see how it would cause update to be unhappy.  Was ul's version an ancestor of yours, or are you skipping over it?

Looking at the version numbers, Levente's comes first.

[...]

Hi Levente,

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I'm trying to login with my trunk credentials but am rebuffed.

I think there's no rename feature. If so, the  the easiest way to fix this is to reupload the eem.295 versions as eem.296, and then delete the eem.295 ones from the web interface.

OK, will do.  Once I can login.  David, any help there?

Levente

This is playing havoc with updates...
--
best,Eliot

--
best,
Eliot

Re: trunk update screwup

David T. Lewis

>> I think there's no rename feature. If so, the  the easiest way to fix
>> this
>> is to reupload the eem.295 versions as eem.296, and then delete the
>> eem.295
>> ones from the web interface.
>

> OK, will do.  Once I can login.  David, any help there?

I am way behind on email. You want me to delete update-eem.295 from trunk,
right?

Dave

Re: trunk update screwup

Eliot Miranda-2

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 12:08 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I think there's no rename feature. If so, the  the easiest way to fix
>> this
>> is to reupload the eem.295 versions as eem.296, and then delete the
>> eem.295
>> ones from the web interface.
>

> OK, will do.  Once I can login.  David, any help there?

I am way behind on email. You want me to delete update-eem.295 from trunk,
right?

and update.spur-eem.295, yes.

Or, tell me how to login to source.squeak.org (my trunk credentials don't work) and I'll do it myself.  Levente says all SOB members should be allowed to login but I don't know which credentials to use.

--
best,
Eliot

Re: trunk update screwup

David T. Lewis

>> > OK, will do.  Once I can login.  David, any help there?
>> >

>> I am way behind on email. You want me to delete update-eem.295 from
>> trunk,
>> right?
>>

> and update.spur-eem.295, yes.

I am away and I cannot do any updates. I can get at the web page to delete
the old file if you want, but that's all I'm able to do right now.

> Or, tell me how to login to source.squeak.org (my trunk credentials don't
> work) and I'll do it myself.  Levente says all SOB members should be
> allowed to login but I don't know which credentials to use.

I'm not sure what's wrong. The web site should accept your author initials
and password, exactly as in your MC browser. The site claims that you
should have access, so I'm not sure why it's not letting you in.

Dave

Re: trunk update screwup

Eliot Miranda-2

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 12:29 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > OK, will do.  Once I can login.  David, any help there?
>> >

>> I am way behind on email. You want me to delete update-eem.295 from
>> trunk,
>> right?
>>

> and update.spur-eem.295, yes.

I am away and I cannot do any updates. I can get at the web page to delete
the old file if you want, but that's all I'm able to do right now.

> Or, tell me how to login to source.squeak.org (my trunk credentials don't
> work) and I'll do it myself.  Levente says all SOB members should be
> allowed to login but I don't know which credentials to use.

I'm not sure what's wrong. The web site should accept your author initials
and password, exactly as in your MC browser. The site claims that you
should have access, so I'm not sure why it's not letting you in.

got it.  excuse the noise.
--
best,
Eliot