two questions about ListChooser>>#accept

two questions about ListChooser>>#accept

Chris Muller-3
1) Should it be making use of "UIManager default" instead of
Morphic-specific dialog?

2) When I added a method category, I mis-typed it and simply wanted to
cancel, but I was forced to add one or the other and the remove it.
This being on ListChooser, however, means this is useful for more than
just categories, so this dialog needs a cancelability, does it not?

Re: two questions about ListChooser>>#accept

marcel.taeumel
1) ListChooser is Morphic-specific at the moment. What means "it" here?

2) If you allow addition in the ListChooser, then that is a two-step dialog. The first step is already cancelable. Yes, it makes sense to also make the second step cancelable.

Best,
Marcel

Am 27.04.2018 03:27:46 schrieb Chris Muller <[hidden email]>:

1) Should it be making use of "UIManager default" instead of
Morphic-specific dialog?

2) When I added a method category, I mis-typed it and simply wanted to
cancel, but I was forced to add one or the other and the remove it.
This being on ListChooser, however, means this is useful for more than
just categories, so this dialog needs a cancelability, does it not?

Re: two questions about ListChooser>>#accept

marcel.taeumel
Hi Chris,

here is a change set for this. Yet, I am not sure whether "cancelability" in trueChoice/falseChoice dialogs break much old code? Anyway, you cannot use UIManager yet because it does not support the position of the trueChoice/falseChoice dialog yet. Let's keep it this way for now. ListChooser is Morphic-specific anyway.

Best,
Marcel

Best,
Marcel

dialog-true-false.1.cs (2K) Download Attachment

Re: two questions about ListChooser>>#accept

Chris Muller-3
Cool!  I hope you won't object to this tweak to cancel one level, merely the Confirm question, back to the original question (the ListChooser), because what gets the user to that Confirm is their intent to move forward with the action, but simply needing to correct the previous entry first.

I'll move this to trunk in a few days if you didn't already, thanks!

 - Chris

ListChooser-accept.st (1K) Download Attachment