two questions about croquet

1 message Options

two questions about croquet

jeroenkonijn
Hello,
I study Communication and Multimedia design in the Netherlands, at the Avans Hogeschool in Breda. I recently learned about the Croquet Project and I am very interested. There is a concept that I have been working on for quite a while, one that will require a lot of work and knowledge. It is a multi-user environment where the way avatars look will depent on the information about that person that is collected in a database. These avatars will also be animated in time.

Because I am not yet able to program in Smalltalk, and only have some basic experience in PHP and Javascript, I have a couple of questions that I would like to ask before I start working in a worng direction…

Hopefully someone can answer these questions so that I can decide if Croquet is the way to go for me. But I have to say, please forgive me if I am asking stupid things, I am not that experienced (yet).

- All the avatars in the presentations I watched were not animated. Is it possible to add animation to the avatars and/or environment using bone structures?

- I would like to attach a large database to the different avatars, and let avatars reflect the information of this data visually. Is this possible? And if yes, can this be done using only Smalltalk or do I need an additional language? Or in other words, how does Croquet handle databases?

All help is much appreciated.

Thanks.