ui process getting into background

Chris Muller-4
I noticed after resuming a debugger, I wsa able to interact with the
UI even though it was still running...

Re: ui process getting into background

Bert Freudenberg
On 22.04.2015, at 19:01, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I noticed after resuming a debugger, I wsa able to interact with the
> UI even though it was still running...

Is this reproducible? We changed the logic, maybe for the worse ...

- Bert -

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: ui process getting into background

Chris Muller-3
Not sure, keeping my eye out for it..

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 5:33 PM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 22.04.2015, at 19:01, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I noticed after resuming a debugger, I wsa able to interact with the
>> UI even though it was still running...
>
> Is this reproducible? We changed the logic, maybe for the worse ...
>
> - Bert -

Re: ui process getting into background

marcel.taeumel (old)
What means "able to interact with the UI"? The debugger window? Did it not close? What was "still running"?

Best,
Marcel

Re: ui process getting into background

Chris Muller-3
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 12:31 AM, Marcel Taeumel
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> What means "able to interact with the UI"? The debugger window? Did it not
> close? What was "still running"?

I had interrupted a process to look at things in the debugger.  After
I pressed Proceed, the debugger window closed and the progress bar for
the update task it was running resumed and it was progressing again.

However, I was able to click on the desktop area and the World menu
would pop up.  I did not wish to disturb the process which was
running, so I did not do anything.

At first I thought it was because I was operating the image through
Squeak RFB, but then I saw it happen in one of my local images while
updating from trunk.