url := SqueakUserManual isWhere: 'on web'

url := SqueakUserManual isWhere: 'on web'

Bakki Kudva
-bakki

Re: url := SqueakUserManual isWhere: 'on web'

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi bakki,

there is a ReadMe.txt which comes with your Squeak installation. It
contains a brief introduction into every main area of Squeak and URL's to
further documentation.

Do you read me [pun intended] :)

/Klaus

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:18:55 +0200, Bakki Kudva <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> -bakki

Re: url := SqueakUserManual isWhere: 'on web'

Noury Bouraqadi
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/Squeak

Le 15 sept. 06 à 20:18, Bakki Kudva a écrit :

> -bakki

Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org

Squeak: a Free Smalltalk
http://www.squeak.org

Re: url := SqueakUserManual isWhere: 'on web'

Bakki Kudva
Hi Klaus,

On 9/15/06, Klaus D. Witzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi bakki,
>
> there is a ReadMe.txt which comes with your Squeak installation. It
> contains a brief introduction into every main area of Squeak and URL's to
> further documentation.
>
> Do you read me [pun intended] :)
             ifTrue: 'Thanks!'
Ha :) -

I was wondering about "Squeak User Manual by Maarten Maartensz" which
is on whysamlltalk.com but link is broken and googling deadends right
there.

-bakki

PS: My apologies to the list. I didn't mean to send this to the dev
list, the post was intended for beginners list.

Re: Re: url := SqueakUserManual isWhere: 'on web'

Michael Haupt-3
Hi,

On 9/15/06, Bakki Kudva <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I was wondering about "Squeak User Manual by Maarten Maartensz" which
> is on whysamlltalk.com but link is broken and googling deadends right
> there.

nah, 'tis 'ere:
http://www.plasticfish.info/references/Smalltalk/squeak-User_Manual_part1_version0_in_html.html

Google for "smalltalk manual maarten maartensz"; in my browser, it's
the third hit.

Best,

Michael

on Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:53:19 +0200, you wrote:

> Hi Klaus,
> On 9/15/06, Klaus D. Witzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi bakki,
>>
>> there is a ReadMe.txt which comes with your Squeak installation. It
>> contains a brief introduction into every main area of Squeak and URL's
>> further documentation.
>>
>> Do you read me [pun intended] :)
>              ifTrue: 'Thanks!'
> Ha :) -

Not bad :)

> I was wondering about "Squeak User Manual by Maarten Maartensz" which
> is on whysamlltalk.com but link is broken and googling deadends right
> there.

Then you are at the right place here. The folks in squeak-dev@ often act
like a collective memory and they will know about than manual (I'm sorry I
don't know it).

/Klaus

> -bakki

Re: Re: url := SqueakUserManual isWhere: 'on web'

Bakki Kudva
Thank you Michae, Klaus and Noury for your kind responsesl, the manual
is not quite what I expected. Looks like an ambitious start but
aborted in 2001.  It is strange that I still cannot get google to spit
it out with the exact same string! I get nothing!

-bakki

On 9/15/06, Michael Haupt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 9/15/06, Bakki Kudva <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I was wondering about "Squeak User Manual by Maarten Maartensz" which
> > is on whysamlltalk.com but link is broken and googling deadends right
> > there.
>
> nah, 'tis 'ere:
> http://www.plasticfish.info/references/Smalltalk/squeak-User_Manual_part1_version0_in_html.html
>
> Google for "smalltalk manual maarten maartensz"; in my browser, it's
> the third hit.
>
> Best,
>
> Michael

Re: url := SqueakUserManual isWhere: 'on web'

Edgar J. De Cleene
Klaus D. Witzel puso en su mail :

>> I was wondering about "Squeak User Manual by Maarten Maartensz" which
>> is on whysamlltalk.com but link is broken and googling deadends right
>> there.
>
> Then you are at the right place here. The folks in squeak-dev@ often act
> like a collective memory and they will know about than manual (I'm sorry I
> don't know it).
>
> /Klaus

I have it.
I put on:
ftp://[hidden email]/Public/ Helpzip.zip
password: elpelotero  (on approximate 09:00 to 20:00 GMT, dig and take what
you like, at your own risk)

The work of Maarten  is good for starters, I also could convert to my
HyperCardNostalgia and have in all Squeak format.

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: url := SqueakUserManual isWhere: 'on web'

Bakki Kudva
Thanks Edgar. I just peeked in there and there's a lot of stuff. I'll
look over in detail over the week end. I have all the free books from
Stef's site and a few others as well. But more is always welcome.
Would love to see your HyperCardNostalgia package.

-bakki

On 9/15/06, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Klaus D. Witzel puso en su mail :
>
> >> I was wondering about "Squeak User Manual by Maarten Maartensz" which
> >> is on whysamlltalk.com but link is broken and googling deadends right
> >> there.
> >
> > Then you are at the right place here. The folks in squeak-dev@ often act
> > like a collective memory and they will know about than manual (I'm sorry I
> > don't know it).
> >
> > /Klaus
>
> I have it.
> I put on:
> ftp://[hidden email]/Public/ Helpzip.zip
> password: elpelotero  (on approximate 09:00 to 20:00 GMT, dig and take what
> you like, at your own risk)
>
> The work of Maarten  is good for starters, I also could convert to my
> HyperCardNostalgia and have in all Squeak format.
>
> Edgar

> Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
> Todo lo que querías saber, y lo que ni imaginabas,
> está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
> ¡Probalo ya!
> http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: url := SqueakUserManual isWhere: 'on web'

Edgar J. De Cleene
Bakki Kudva puso en su mail :

> Thanks Edgar. I just peeked in there and there's a lot of stuff. I'll
> look over in detail over the week end. I have all the free books from
> Stef's site and a few others as well. But more is always welcome.
> Would love to see your HyperCardNostalgia package.

ftp://elpelotero
:[hidden email]/Public/SqueakLight/3.9Compatible/
SqueakBooks/

You have some "SqueakBooks" what could open via drag and drop with
SqueakLight.
For 3.9, you should install the attached.

Thanks Klaus, if you are in different time zone or have troubles to connect
here , you could load also from:

ftp://squeak.cobss.ch/pub/SqueakLight

and in 3.9Compatible you could found some games builded in different Squeak
(3.2 to now) and what could loaded "smart" in 3.9 and SqueakLight.

Email again if have some troubles.

Edgar

Picture 1.jpg (59K) Download Attachment
HyperCardNostalgia.38.cs.gz (47 bytes) Download Attachment