variable assignments button

12

Re: Learning material (was: variable assignments button)

timrowledge

> On 2020-01-26, at 11:56 AM, Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for all the links! I think especially the videos are a very good source for beginners. Should we add a link to them into http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/178?http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/377

I think I'd suggest http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/377 - and feel free to test the links it already has and make sure they are still live! Notice how many are 404'd or more than a decade out of date, or promising starts that simply faded out.

It would be nice to consolidate all the actually useful info, link it together coherently and have a single, decently readable guide. We've had the squeak documentation Project (twice, at least, see http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/812), Squeak in a nutshell (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3419), a Self-Study course in Squeak (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/82) and so on.

tim
Useful random insult:- Not all his dogs are barking.

Re: Learning material (was: variable assignments button)

Christoph Thiede

I think I'd suggest http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/377 - and feel free to test the links it already has and make sure they are still live! Notice how many are 404'd or more than a decade out of date, or promising starts that simply faded out.

Alright, I added the link to the videos, re-checked all external links, merged two of them and replaced the dead ones with mirrors that are still working.

It would be nice to consolidate all the actually useful info, link it together coherently and have a single, decently readable guide. We've had the squeak documentation Project (twice, at least, see http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/812), Squeak in a nutshell (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3419), a Self-Study course in Squeak (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/82) and so on.
+[0 factorial] value ;-)

Best,
Christoph

> On 2020-01-26, at 11:56 AM, Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for all the links! I think especially the videos are a very good source for beginners. Should we add a link to them into http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/178?http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/377

I think I'd suggest http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/377 - and feel free to test the links it already has and make sure they are still live! Notice how many are 404'd or more than a decade out of date, or promising starts that simply faded out.

It would be nice to consolidate all the actually useful info, link it together coherently and have a single, decently readable guide. We've had the squeak documentation Project (twice, at least, see http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/812), Squeak in a nutshell (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3419), a Self-Study course in Squeak (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/82) and so on.

tim
Useful random insult:- Not all his dogs are barking.

Carpe Squeak!
12