volunteer translators needed

Timothy Falconer-2
Hi partners and friends,

We're looking for a little help with our Waveplace courseware. We're hoping to get it all translated into:

Haitian Creole
French
Spanish
Portuguese

Our funds are limited, so I wanted to know if you have any volunteers who could possibly help in this effort.

Our courseware is located at http://wiki.waveplace.org/display/wp/Courseware. So far, the lessons we have finished are:

General-->Basic Etoys (needs outlines and projects translated)
Language Arts-->Storytelling (needs outlines translated)
Mathematics-->Geometry (needs outlines and projects translated)
Science--> Motion (needs projects translated)
Health--> Clean water (unfinished but can translate what projects are finished)
Health--> Malaria (unfinished but can outlines in the meantime)
Technology-->Sugar (needs outlines translated)

As you can see, it's a bit of work. Many things are already translated into Haitian Creole, but not everything.

Please let me know if you can offer any help to us!

Thanks so much!

--
Timothy Falconer
Waveplace Foundation

Re: [support-gang] volunteer translators needed

Luis Galindo
I can help with the spanish translation, just tell me how.

Greetings from Santa Cruz - Bolivia.

Luis

2011/5/5 LASKE, Lionel (C2S) <[hidden email]>

Hi Timothy,

Of course, OLPC France could help for French translation.

Let me know what you need and how we could help.

Best regards from France.

                Lionel.

Re: [support-gang] volunteer translators needed

cmhelp
Hello!

I'd love to help with the Portuguese translation. I would like to know how the translation process is done.

Carla from Portugal

Re: [support-gang] volunteer translators needed

Edward Cherlin
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 08:52, cmhelp <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'd love to help with the Portuguese translation. I would like to know how
> the translation process is done.

Start here.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Localization

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Getting_Involved#Translator

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/pt/ includes Etoys

http://translate.flossmanuals.net/

Let us know if you have other questions.