web browser

David Faught
Has anyone here used SmallWalker or tried to port it to Squeak?  It is
under the GPL license, so I know a lot of people here would drop it
just because of that.  If you have used it, is it worth trying to port
as compared to Scamper?  There hasn't been much progress with the
MediaView browser lately, so I'm casting about, looking for an easy
way to get a more powerful tool.

ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/st80_r41/SmallWalker1.0

Does the web browser belong in Squeak or does Squeak belong in the web
browser?  Either way, this is for "legacy" web content in the face of
Croquet, right?

Re: web browser

Ralph Johnson
I have used SmallWalker and hacked on it.  You'd be better off trying
to improve Scamper, which works, than trying to port SmallWalker.
SmallWalker was good for its day, but its day was long ago.

-Ralph